Thursday, March 28, 2013

First assignment: Wales



***Bryant can now get email from friends as well. His email is bryant.goodman@myldsmail.net. His new address is below. You can google earth it and walk his very street!





Hello:) So I got my first area....Wrexham Wales!!! The address is
8 Acton Park Way
CLWYD
LL127LD
Wales
 
I knew I would be called here, I just felt drawn to it. This is supposedly a gorgeous and lush green area...but its covered in the deepest snow the locals have ever seen! But I am excited to spend the next 5-12 weeks here and get familiar with the people and sights. I think its beautiful here, even with the snow. The houses and flats are pretty squished together, but there are big open fields and parks that will be flowing with life once the sunshine melts away the cold. I'll try to get you all some more pictures whenever I can!
So my trainer companion is a local Gilbert Arizonan who has been out for 9 months. His name is Elder Coleman, and he is a very sweet, quirky, hardworking missionary. I would have not been able to make it out alive from all of the different coaches and trains i've traveled without him. He has already been here in Wrexham for 3 months, so he is showing me the ropes. We,ve already walked a million miles around this place, even in the cold snowy night. We will be mainly walking, but I think we'll get some bikes as soon as all the paths are clear. He already has some potential investigators lined up, and we are going to teach Kim tonight, who has already commited towards baptism.
I am definitelybeingtestedright now. Just little things are building up, like my retainer broke, I have a sore throat and barely any voice left, extreme tiredness and.....my big luggage went missing. Between the transfer, my large suitcase was somehow misplaced or put onto another coach to another mission area, and no one has been able to locate it right now. We have been praying very hard that it can be returned to me, because it has the majority of my clothes and other valuable items. Luckily, i know how to survive. I've been through worse, and I know that my belongings and gear will get back to me, I just have to be patient and smart with what i have now!
My flat is super small, but I kinda like the coziness. I just have to clean it up from the last companions who were here. Me gusta neat and clean. We have a small kitchen, study room, bedroom and an extra workout/wash room. Its nothing fancy, but its better than sleeping out in the cold! Im glad that i can call this my home for the next chunk of time.
Luckily last night, a loving member brought us some delicious naan bread taco kind of things.Today, my companion and I are taking a trip to the store to stock up on food, so I'll let you know later of the meals im going to whip up! Im glad Elder Coleman is understanding of my non-dairy diet. We are both pretty healthy eaters, so thats a major bonus.
I'm excited to continue on with this missionary work. The ward here is very small, like 50-60 members, so we are going to do our best and work with the active members to build up this church and the Lord's Kingdom in this area. I have high hopes!
Oh yeah, the Welsh language is incredibly and unbeleivably crazy. It looks like someone put the English language into a shredder that spat out the letters in some ridiculous order. And i love it, and Im going to try and get a badge made in Welsh. It will look something like
 
ELDER GOODMAN
 
jkhsd llluwy
 djoies
ywelliusyw
 
Im excited:) So today was a pretty abnormal day, but my usual PDays are on mondays, so I'll talk to you and hear from you then! I love you and miss you all very much. The church is true. Amen.
 
Elder Goodman
aka BA
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment