Monday, July 15, 2013

New Investigators!


Hello everyone! Its good to read all of your lovely words. All is well in the land of Wales!
This week has been pretty bodacious, so I'll try to cram everything in!
So after a really good zone meeting on tuesday (we played ninja as a zone, and it was intense and rad. Sadly I lost the finals to a chilean elder, who must have been raised by spider monkeys) I got to go on an exchange with Elder Adair, our zone leader! It was way good, especially since we got to drive every where in a car and give my worn out feet a break. Elder Adair is going back to good ol' america this transfer, and he was a bit emotional because it was his last zone meeting ever. He is a american football player from colorado, a bit socially awkward, but we hit it off good after a while. Our conversations switched between missionary work, zone drama, and Will Ferral quotes. We worked all throughout Runcorn, and it was amazing just to see a change in scenery and people. It seemed to give me a fresh boost of energy, because I actually wanted to get out and talk to everyone. And we found some amazing people! The whole exchange was really fun, and their flat had the best bed and shower in the mission. The seagulls and sunshine and seaside vibe made it seriously feel like i was staying in some california condo or something.
Sadly the exhange ended, and I had to return to Wrexham. But....miracles awaited us! Elder Bahr and I received a referral down in Penycae, so we bussed down to check it out. The referral wasnt home, so we tried by some potentials and...no luck. Out of plans, we were wandering for a bit, but werent so productive so we busted out the map. After scanning the area, we picked out a street, Maelor Avenue, and journeyed there. We tracked the stretch of rode, and we had no success...until the last house! We walked around and knocked on the side door, only to find a family relaxing in the back garden. We friendly started talking to them and asked if we could share a short message with them, and they happily welcomed us and let us talk! The family consisted of the mother, Ann, and her 19 year old, mostly blind daughter Heather, and the two, 16 year old, kinda socially awkward twin boys, Simon and Ryan. After getting to know them, and letting them get to know us, we told them the message of the Restoration, with the recited vision and everything. The amazing thing was...they just absorbed everything. The spirit was strong, and they were genuinly interested! Heather even said "I could listen to this all day". We went on and told her about the resurrection, and how she will receive her sight again, and she again gained hope in God. After reading to them from the book of mormon, and showing them mormon.org videos and talking and laughing with them for over an hour, we ended with a prayer and got a return appointment! Bam! A brand new investigator (friend) family. It was a rad day indeed.
Other good things have been happening. We have been having some slow but major progress with our friend Sandra. We have made a deep and hopefully lasting misisonary relationship with her, and she has been coming to church again. It makes us happy! We have also been teaching a less active family, the Jones. We are helping the 10 year old Abi towards baptism and helping everyone else to get recommited and active once again. Its really a miracle to see all the changes happening. Abi is still scheduled to be baptized on the 27th of July, and is showing some major understanding and excitement for it. Oh yeah...she asked me to baptize her! I was greatly honored, and I hope that even though it will be a new transfer and I'll possibly be in a new area, I hope that I will still be able to make it and be the one to dunk her under the water. And even if I wont, I'm still happy that I was able to be a part of it all, and to feel their joy along with mine.
And finally...I was able to get my fingers on a guitar! We were walking down the street, and a man pulled over and started talking to us. He told us he just saw the Book of Mormon musical, and he wanted to learn more about who we really were. So we met at his house, and introduced ourselves and everything, then he took us to his front room...and it was incredible. The walls were covered with foreign and exotic instruments and tribal artifacts, and he had drums, guitars, djembes and everything to have an amazing jam session. So we did. Clive and I rocked out to Seven Nation Army and some other improvised jams, and it felt like I was finally saved from my musical famine. I never wanted to leave. Luckily, he was interested in what we had to say about ourselves and our religion and my musical taste, so he told us we could come back whenever. We will do that my good sir. Lets rock lets rock today.
The rest of the week went pretty well. We played more cage football with an investigator and the neighborhood chavs, and had some very good and spiritual tea appointments with some members. Especially the Prices. They are the temple sealers, and they are pretty much my british grandparents for now.
Today, after we are done typing our fingers off, we are going to head up to Chester to spend our p-day playing football and have a picnic in the roman gardens with Elders Caleira and Johnson, and Sisters Milbin and Doherty. Im pretty stoked! And its nice to wear normal clothes once again.
Well I love you all, and I love hearing about all your adventures at home. Due to tranfers, I wont be able to email till next thursday, hopefully from my new area! So dont fret, and I will be anxious to hear from you all again. Peace out for now! Turrah
 
Elder Goodman
BA

No comments:

Post a Comment