Monday, October 21, 2013

A Flippin Tank...Rain and more Rain....


Hello everyone! My heart is crazy full from reading all your words and love....thank you. I love you all, and miss you like crazy. Its raining really hard outside, and the lighting is warm and I'm on the third story balcony, overlooking the entire library...so the vibe is pretty dang cool. I dig it.

Well, its only been a few days since I wrote last, but some good things have happened! The cool before the spiritual:

We went with a member to go hometeaching a man called Peter Davis, and he lives way out in the country side! It was beautiful. We pulled into his lot, only to find that his house is right next to a Landrover graveyard and workshop. Words cant describe it really well, but it was way rad. He rigged up his workshops with traps and tripwires and shotgun shells so that people wouldnt steal from him again. It was really misty outside, which only added to the whole "zombie apocolypse vibe" and guess what I found in his shed........A FLIPPIN TANK! Why does he need a tank? Because its flippin awesome, thats why. And he has a huge white, American pitbull named Benson. I love brother Davis, but throughout thelesson while sitting next to a fire, I kinda felt like I was in the Walking Dead or something. Good times.
Ok so the more spiritual....I got to witness a total change of heart. Paul Mcmanus, a member who was way less active, wanted to get back in touch with the church. He was going through a financial crisis, which made him rethink his life a bit. After talking with the Branch President, he wanted us, the missionaries to come over. So we did! In the depths of humility, he asked us to help him get his life back on track. We then taught him an in depth lesson about the Atonement and power of the scriptures, and the spirit was so strong. We could literally see light coming back into his soul. After the lesson, Paul got up and without even being asked to, he started cramming all of his smoking supplies into a plastic bag. With all of it packed up, he told us to "get rid of it". With pleasure (throwing away cigs and ash trays and pipes is one of my favorite perks of being a missionary). Now Paul is back at church, and with joy he kept telling us that he's back for good, and it feels good.

On top of all that, the rest of the weekend was really good. The primary kids performed a super funny, but really spiritual primary program, i got to talk to the whole primary about serving a mission and getting them stoked about it, and I was also able to give Sister Barney a blessing that i will never forget. Without going into details, this was the first real time that I could literally feel the spirit taking over, and only really serving as the mouthpiece. My testimony is growing stronger everyday, especially with experiences like these. I love this gospel and I love this church. It is true.

Well, thats about it for the past few days, other than walking a lot in the rain! I actually and strangely enjoy it. I love you all, and thank you again for all your love and lovely emails. Till next time, peace out!
 
Elder Goodman
aka BA
 
p.s. Favorite district anti-joke at the moment:
 
Why did Susy fall off the swing?
-Why?
She didnt have any arms.
Knock knock
-Who's there?
Not Susy 

A cool pond


The misty Rain
  The Flippin Tank


Land Rovers
  Cool Teddy Bear


Not a Meth Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment