Monday, March 24, 2014

Good things in Barrow.


What's up scalawags! It's good to hear from you all. Life sounds like its treating you well, which makes me happy. Life is fairly good here, a bit slow, but at least a bit more sunny than usual. It's crazy, we will be getting our transfer calls this coming saturday! I am super stoked, because unless President goes back on his word, I will finally be leaving this place! Barrow has definitely grown on me and I love the people here...but I am so excited to get out and have an adventure somewhere else on this island. Especially after hanging out with the Kents last night and browsing through all their travel photos, my travel spirit is getting itchy.
 
Well here's this week's deets:
 
Monday- celebrated St. Patricks day at my irish Bishop's house. Good ol' irish food and good ol' irish accents
 
Tuesday- missionary work
 
Wednesday- SPORTS DAY!! we gathered at the Manchester stake center in the morning, had a mini spiritual thought, got changed, ate costco pizza...then had a free-for-all with whatever sports we wanted to play. Freedom tasted really good. For a solid three hours, I played in a massive game of American football, which started off as two-hand-touch, then slowly turned into tackle. It felt so good to really sprint and tackle people and get hurt again. I jammed my hand and tweaked my lower back and have never felt this sore on my entire mission...but it was totally worth it. Dont worry mum, I'm fully recovered now. Good stuff
 
Thursday- I cant remember, probably just missionary work.
 
Friday- We had a morning adventure in Cartmel. The Cunninghams, George and us headed over the the little cafe in the middle of the beautiful little village and had homemade soup, rolls, and then the world famous sticky toffee pudding. It has now won the spot for my all-time favorite dessert. I love that little place. It's always loaded with travelers and backpackers, and they and the locals are alwasy super chill to talk to.
 
Saturday- Connie went to the temple. WOOHOO! Other than that, missionary work. Found a new investigator though! His name is Kai, and he is friends with another former investigator that we were meeting with. We asked him if he wanted to join in the prayer. Yes. Is there anything that you want us to pray for? Yes, for my dad to come back...Kai is only 12 or so, but he broke down in tears after he told us his dad has been missing for over a year. It was a very tender moment, but it was a perfect opportunity to bear a loving testimony and teach him about prayer and to pray with him.
 
Sunday- church was pretty boring, but at least 2 of our other youth investigators, david and ethan, showed up! They are my favorite people to teach here. I think teaching youth is my favorite in general. Pretty chill day though, especially ending with our traditonal "evening with the Kents". Yeah, they are pretty much family.
 
Well, that was pretty much my week, nothing too exciting. The people are good though, which makes everything better. Only one more week here in Barrow, so I'm going to have as many adventures as I can this week! Right after this, we are going with the Cunninghams up to Ulverston to hike up to the Hoad Monument! Should be fun. I love you all.
Peace out!
 
Elder BA
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment