Monday, March 10, 2014

One year down, One to go!


"And there'll be sun sun sun, all over our bodies, and sun sun sun, all down our necks, and sun sun sun, all over our faces, and sun sun sun -so what the heck!" 5 Years Time by Noah and the Whale is pretty much hitting the spot right now. The weather is beautiful outside! This is the first time I busted out the short sleeve shirt since August, and my pasty arms are enjoying the freedom. I am incredibly happy right now, and from all your bodacious words and adventures...it sounds like you are all pretty happy too! Life is good. I love you all.
Overall, my week was exhausting, but full of good times. Here it is in a nutshell: ( )  <------ this is my representation of a nutshell
 
On tuesday, we had a killer district meeting with killer ping pong. I taught them how to become misisonary experts at inviting people with this simple formula=
ask bold, inspired invitation....simply promise blessings....lovingly bear testimony. Incredibly easy, works brilliantly....as long as you are living the invitation yourself!
(this is crucial. without living it first.....it's super shallow. no bueno)
 
After the meeting, we did some service for the Cunninghams (new super posh senior missionary couple) by setting up all the furniture in their flat. Muscles. We then rewarded ourselves and kept the Barrow tribe tradition strong and went to Pizza Hut to have an epic lunch buffet, whish always turns into a competition. Elder Hamblin won, with a new record of 35 slices! Elder White came in a close second with 34 slices...but has been constipated ever since. If you aint first...you're last. (Ricky Bobby voice)
 
That night, spontaneous travel to Lancaster.
Early morning, wake up early, arise from sleeping on floor, sore back, live out of backpack, bus to train station, train to Machester, bus to Manchester Stake Center, District Leader Training from 10-5, bus back to Manchester, eat some cruddy sweet and sour chicken, train back to Lancaster. Meet up with Zone Leaders. Drive all the way back to Barrow. Sleep. Wake up, Zone Leader Blitz in Barrow. Work hard, all day long, finding a lot of new people with my Swedish friend Elder Wirtala, make fun of his love handles, walking in the rain all day, soaked to the bone, laughing along the way, especially after rebuking a very rude man who we tracted into. Swore at us hardcore, rebuked him by simply walking past his window again, smiling and waving. He swore at us some more. Good times.
 
Overall, we found some really good people, especially a very tender, older man named Tom. We taught him for a long time in his cozy little council home, and afterwards, he insisted on giving us £20. He wouldnt let us refuse...so we made a deal and gave him a Book of Mormon in exchange. Such a good soul. With him and many others, I hope we can start teaching more in order to bring this area back from the dead. I love the people here, and it's time for some growth.
 
Random note, I have a new found love for gardening. Since the weather has been way good, we have been able to do a lot more service, especially at Bro. Witham's big allotment garden. He is a greenthumb sensai.
 
Well everyone, I love you all. I know I say it over and over again but hey...its true. Keep on having adventures everyday. Only one more year till I can join you all at the beach!!! I miss you all. The entire week, by brain has been drifting back to Hawaii/California daydreams. So enjoy the beach for me. I'll be soaking in the sun here while I can. Peace out!
 
Elder Goodman
BA
HotTuna
 
p.s. Mom, I challenge you to a SUP race when I get back. Game on
 

No comments:

Post a Comment