Monday, March 31, 2014

Goodbye's to Barrow... A new adventure awaits.


Hola! Yes it is true....I am finally off on another adventure. Southport is calling my name, and I am super stoked to go. In my letter to president before transfers I said "president, I will go wherever you want me to go....especially if it is by the ocean". Haha and he took me seriously! I love that man. I heard the beach in nice there, the people are nice, it's close to Liverpool and the nickname is Sunny Southport. Sounds like a pretty rad summer area! I'm happy.
I will be follow-up training my new companion. His name is Elder Bradley, I don't know anything about him other than he has been out for a month or so, but I will help him finish the second half of his training. It should be fun. New experience.
The goodbye's I have had in Barrow have been suprisingly sad. First off, I have met so many cool people, and a ton of skaters. I did some classic "skate shop contacting", and met some awesome kids. They were super open to talk about religion and just life in general, and we became friends, and they loaded me up with a ton of free skate stickers. Good times.
Saying good bye to Elder Hamblin and White has been rough too. Those two were truly in the Barrow Tribe, with Elder Hamblin being the true "last mohican".
But the people I will miss the most are the Kents, aka my british family. I love them dearly. It was super sad to say goodbye, especially to Orson, but the goodbye hugs from the kids and Sheldon and Abi and the fact that they want to come to my wedding made it a lot better. I will definitely see them again!
Overall, Barrow itself has been rough, but the good people here have more than made up for it. I love these people, and it's sad to go, but I know there are more people in Southport waiting for my help, whatever it is.

Peace out everyone, next week I will give you the deets of my new adventure. I love you all! Adios
 
Elder BA

Braveheart

Hoad Monument


Pasty Sun Reflectors




View of Piel Castle


Lovely Tysons


Landlord Ray


Miss Elizabeth




Roberto

The Kents

 Love Swarm


Freedom


No comments:

Post a Comment