Monday, April 7, 2014

Sunny Southport.


Hey everyone! From all the crazy travel adventures this week...it seriously feels like it's been week's since I have talked to you all. It's been a weird time warp. We packed up, headed to Kendal for a last Barrow tribe BBQ and football match, Manchester for Train the Trainers, stayed in a flat with 10 other elders including elder caleira, and spent the night on the floor with my good friend Elder O'brien, the 300 pound New Zealander. Awkward but good night. Then transfer meeting, then Liverpool, then glorious Southport. But I want you all to know I love you all...and i'm loving life. Southport is soo much different from Barrow, from the people, the scenery, the fresh sea water smell and just the general vibe of the area. Oh, another major bonus...my companion and I are super tight! Elder Bradley easily ranked up to one of my favorite elders in the mission. Just imagine Dale and Brenden from Stepbrothers....haha that pretty much sums up our relationship. I don't think I have ever laughed more than with any other companion. He is from California, super chill, qwirky in a good way, and willing to pretty much do anything and actually work. We actually started running in the morning! The weather is beautiful here, and the coast and pier are awesome. Life is good.
 
So far, I am loving Southport. I met a handful of the members already, and they are simply just good people. The Bishop is qwirky and has a recording studio in his basement, and we have been talking about doing a music project soon, skadoosh. We also got to watch conference at the Fullwoods...probably the wealthiest but most genuine mormon family that I have met on my mission so far. Southport is super posh, and they live in the poshest part of it. Good family, a lot of kids, one of them really reminds me of Randi, and their incredibly smart and witty 8 year old Ben and I are already friends. They might be my Southport family.
 
We also got to explore Liverpool a lot more. We watched the Saturday morning session there, and afterwards got to soak in that gloriously dirty city. It has so much character, I love the scousers, and of course...there is Beatles stuff everywhere. One day, we are planning on doing a district activity here and hitting up the local sights including the Cavern where the Beatles first played. I'm stoked!
 
Already did some skate shop contacting. I was really tempted to buy a board.
 
The work is also good here too. We have a good investigator named Grant, super intellectual with a crazy past, and he is getting really close to baptism. We just got to work out the kinks. The sisters here also have a couple dated for baptism, so we have some hope on the horizon. Ah, its good to be in a good area again.
 
Well that's about all I have to say for now. I am looking forward to the new adventures this place has for me, and I'm excited to get to know and love the people here. I feel so much more engulfed in the experience here, way more than Barrow. Basically, I don't want to waste any time, and I am happy to live and serve. I love you all. Till next time...peace out!
 
Elder BA
 
p.s. there are a lot of retired old farts here. I hope the one sitting next to me didn't read that off my screen...

p.s.s. our flat is brand new, and it's the poshest flat I have ever lived in. We dont have any slugs or mold, the carpet is clean and we have a balcony that overlooks a ton of trees. I think this was a reward for enduring Barrow.

p.s.s.s. new address
 
Flat 5, Clairville, 21 Lulworth Road
Birkdale
Southport, Merseyside
PR8 2FA
UK

No comments:

Post a Comment