Monday, April 14, 2014

Muddy shoes and Blue Skies.

Hello everyone! Nothing but blue skies today, and it feels awesome. Short sleeve shirts everyday, and i'm even shifting from pasty white to a pseudo tan. Life is good, and I love you all.
Well...this week has been an interesting week here in Southport. Haha here are the week's deets:

On Monday, it was pretty much the most exhausting p-day ever. We ran everywhere, not by our choice. I hate late buses.Good exercise though. However, the good running came from playing football at the church with a couple kids from the neighborhood. I hope we can get to know their families and start teaching them like we did in Wrexham.

We had a beach adventure! We were working in Ainsdale just south of us, where we met and taught our new investigator Brian!, but it opened up right to the coast...and we couldn't resist. It was seriously the best beach I have ever seen in England. So...we were spontaneous and decided to have an adventure and beach contact all the way to the Southport Pier. It took way longer than we thought, and we ended up getting stuck in some muddy bogs, but the ocean air and the sun and the good people along the way more than made up for it. Haha we got several strange looks, especially when we finally made it to the pier. All people could see where two weirdos in white shirts and ties and muddy shoes and trousers and one holding a walking stick that he found along the way (me). Good times.

Thursday though, was absolutely chaotic. Small taste of the day...I burned my fingers on the stove in the morning, our afternoon appointments fell through, the bus didn't stop for us when we needed to get to our coordination meeting, so we caught a later bus, only to realize we left the phone back at the stop, got off and had to run all the way back, miraculously found the phone that someone took, finally made it to coordination, only to get talked down to by our ward mission leader who only likes our sisters, who Elder Bradley and I do not get along with,and then...the rest of our appointments fell through for the evening. Yup, that was a good day to be over with.

Except for an adventure down in Ormskirk on the weekend, the rest of the week went pretty downhill as far as missionary work goes. I have never had so many appointments fall through in my life. Our motto this week was just "come what may and love it". Haha I'm glad that a new week has started.  Time to start fresh and just move on.

I can't believe I have officially been out for 13 months!! Craziness. I can't wait to see you all again. I love you all, and you're the raddest family I could ask for. My intro. testimony on Sunday was focused on living simply and "simplicity is beautiful", with family being the most important thing in our lives and in the life to come. The gospel is for eternal families, simple as that. So thank you all for all the love, and keep it coming, and I'll do my best to return the favor. Till next time, peace out! 

Elder BA

p.s. sorry for the lack of photos! It's been a bit busy, but I promise I will be trigger happy this week



Fullwood Family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment