Monday, April 28, 2014

"It's not all a bucket of puppies, but the good is far outweighing the bad."

Hello everyone! Greetings from the land of sun, old people, alcoholics and coconut ice cream. Life is good at the moment. It's not all a bucket of puppies, but the good is far outweighing the bad. No matter what people say, happiness is always an option. 
So here are the deets for the week:

District meeting and exchange with good old, zone leader Elder Mapfumo. Him and I worked together occasionally at the beginning of the the mish, so it was way good to reconnect. So many black jokes. I never thought I would make so many connections with so many people here, and I love it. Our district is really getting tight, and Elders Wirtala, Mapfumo, Bradley and sisters Thomson and Klingonsmith and I are all pretty good friends now as a group. The sisters initiated a prank war, with tricking me into eating a "vanilla icing" (toothpaste), chocolate cupcake. It's on. Updates on the prank war next week.

Work is really starting to take off here in Southport and Liverpool. Sheila Barnes, a friend of the Bishop's family, has finally made the commitment to be baptized, so we and the sisters are helping prepare her the best that we can. I am interviewing her on Wednesday, and when she passes, she will be baptized on the 10th of May!

Our investigator Grant has been making incredible progress. There have been so many miracles and "woah...did that just happen?" moments with him. Words can't explain it well enough. He is a psychology focused intellectual with a rough and gritty past, but he is finally recognizing the spirit and Heavenly Father's love. On Sunday, Elder Bradley and I were inspired to go over and visit him, and it turned out to be an amazing lesson of peace. He needed to then run to the shop, so we walked with him...only to bump into some of his friends...especially Ian. Turns out, Grant has been talking to Ian about us and how his life is changing because of it, and Ian needs a life change more than anyone. I have never seen a man so sad and rock bottom before. He lost absolutely everything, and is left carrying an empty beer bottle in his pocket for sheer protection. Needless to say, he was totally open to the gospel message, and long story short...we set up a lesson of Friday for both Grant and his fiance Haley, Grant's mum, and Ian. It's just a testimony to me that Heavenly Father works through us to help all his children. 

The rest of the week was pretty bland, but we got to meet with some good families. Sunday roast at the Fullwoods were incredible. Since a lot of the families are really well off here, we have been teaching a lot of "what really matters" and "materials don't bring happiness" and "the importance of family" lessons. So far, it's going really well and we are making some good connections. 

Random note, we explored Hesketh Park and the Botanic Gardens, so you should pull it up and check it out for yourselves. There are some beautiful area's in town here. 

Well, that's about all I have to say for myself this week. Just a heads up, next week is both a Bank Holiday (lame)... and transfers (5 week transfers rock)! So look for my words on Tuesday. I doubt I am leaving Southport yet, so no worries there. I love you all, and hearing about all your adventures makes me happy. Only 10 months left for me on mine, so it's an even better time to make the best of it. Peace out home skillets, talk to ya next week!

Elder BA

p.s. the man sitting across from me looks exactly like Jack Johnson. 
p.s.s. TBT seriously played Where is my Mind?? what the cuss
p.s.s.s. Tell Brien I love his guts

No comments:

Post a Comment