Monday, May 12, 2014

I now see how rare it is to have a such tight knit family as ours.

Hello again! It was way good to talk to you all yesterday. At first I wanted to punch the computer in the face, but luckily everything worked out brilliantly. God is watching out for us. I love you all! And even though Tanner is tall and got the whole man voice going on, and Brien is all tatted up, and Randi is almost off to Hawaii...it's good to see that you are all still the same family that I love. Especially being in England, I now see how rare it is to have a such tight knit family as ours. Let's just keep it up, forever, simple as that. 

So yesterday pretty much covered the deets of my week, but here are some random brain thoughts:

As far as big cities go....Liverpool is rad

Elder Fransden. So he is from southern California, has been out about 10 months, had some major struggles at the beginning of his mission, but is now getting the hang of himself. Being 18 when he came out and coming from a super wealthy family, he had some major maturity and pride issues. He is still very materialistic, which really grinds my gears, but he is already a lot better from when I first met him. We get along for the most part, and luckily my patience is at a level where I can tolerate mostly anything, especially when he thinks he is the boss. The best way I found to combat that is to just let him take over then wait for him to realize "hey...I need your help". The only way to fight against pride is to win with humility. I hope I can mentor him more and that we can become friends. He is a good kid, still a baby face, but a good missionary. May the adventures continue.

Yesterday after skyping, I talked to Bro. Fullwood about my finger which has been really jammed and swollen and in pain ever since sports day, like a couple months ago. Being a chiropractor, in literally 5 seconds he worked his magic, popped and cracked my finger...now its incredibly better and back to normal. It was fascinating! Wizard. But for real, it really motivated me to follow one of my passions to become a myopracter and help restore people back to proper order. 

Work is a bit slow at the moment right now. But luckily our best investigator Grant just got out of the hospital, so we hope we can get him back on track again. Advice, don't do drugs, and don't get STDs. Bad combo.

The rest of my life has just been filled with basic missionary work, traveling and doodling whenever I get the chance. Southport is really nice and posh, but it can be very boring as well. It feels like my guard is totally let down, because all I have to fear is some old lady running over my foot with her walker or something. There are no dodgy areas here. I can't believe it, but I kinda miss Barrow now. Well, I will do my best this transfer and make the best of it, but I hope I move out soon. Especially with time running out, I want to see and experience and help out as many people as I can all over the mission.

Once again, I love you all. Seriously, one of the greatest changes I have seen in myself over this mission has been my increased love for all of you. I'm not getting all fluffy and mushy, but you know what I mean. Keep on keepin on, and continue on with all your radventures. Till next time, peace out!!

Elder BA

p.s. this library smells like old people and sunscreen. bad combo

No comments:

Post a Comment