Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Radventures and Happiness.


Hello everyone! Oh yeah I agree, bank holidays suck! But luckily, there is so much love oozing from the computer right now. It sounds like all of you are having some crazy good times, times of growing up, and family connections that just make me smile. I love you all!
So, I don't know what's happening exactly, but there are some serious miracles happening in Southport at the minute. I just...can't even explain it, but I am incredibly happy! Ok let's see if I can focus and share the deets:

We had a radventure up in Rufford. Knocked one street...found 3 new investigators, including a beautiful little family. I think it's been ages since missionaries ever worked this small little farm town, but it turns out, the people there were prepared to receive us and were super friendly. The whole adventure took about 7 hours, including travel time, but it was totally worth it.

We found Gary....the man. Miracle. Ok quick story. Elder Frandsen and picked a street to go knock at like 7:30 in the evening last Thursday, and we seriously knocked one door and all I could think was..."I'm not feeling this. This isn't right". So we bailed from that street, and we were pretty clueless where to go next. So Elder Fransden was like "lets go find towards the Botanic Gardens" and I was like "OK". Started walking. Bam. "I'm not feeling this. This isn't right either". So we turned around, and I felt like we should go try by our investigator Ronny. So spontaneously we walked all the way there, and knocked on his door and Ronny warmly welcomed us in. And there was Gary, sitting on the couch. To make a long story short, Gary is the most prepared and spiritually ready person and eager to learn person I have ever met on my mission. We have seen him and taught him everyday since then, he is reading from the Book of Mormon, he even downloaded the Book of Mormon app, he came to church with us, full suit and everything, met all the members, stayed all three hours, he read through 12 chapters of Gospel Principles already, he is determined to quit smoking and drinking, and he is powerfully recognizing the spirit. Not only that...he is being baptized on the 21 of June. I have literally seen a new light in him. Needless to say, I can't remember the last time that I have been this happy on my mission. Please pray for him.

Other than that, there are just so many little things that are happening here. It feels so good to be a part of another ward family. We were able to go to the wedding of one of the members here which was really cool, we had a mission activity so I got to chill and hang out with all my good friends in normal clothes and eat burgers (mini pre-farewell for President Preston), us and a few of the ward members are putting together a musical fireside that is really coming along, the sisters and Elder Frandsen and I are performing too (we are singing how great thou art, but totally remixed it in an indie folk kind of vibe. completely different melody with different singing parts. should be good), Bishop gave me his guitar to borrow and my fingers and ears are totally happy! Life is good.

So, that's about the life of Elder Goodman for the moment. I can't believe I only have 9 flipping months left. It seems a bit unreal. Even though I now have some seriously deep roots here, I can't wait to see all your faces again. I love you all. Keep up the good times. Peace out!

Elder BA

p.s. I forgot if I told you already, but Elder Frandsen and I felt a little food-venturous.....and we found a little shop that sold bull testicle burritos...and yes we ate them. Super weird, but at least now I can say that I did it. Anyways...we are buying them for the zone leaders next week for lunch. Prank war...continued. Game on

No comments:

Post a Comment