Monday, June 2, 2014

Service opens doors.


Hey! What's up home skillets? Greetings from seaside Southport (I actually thought about this yesterday...Southport doesn't really make too much sense to me. There is no port here, and it's not really even south....eh, whatever). Anyways, life is pretty bodacious at the minute. So many good things are still happening here, along with so many connections and friendships.
My life this week=

Started off the week right on an exchange with Elder Zavala. He dies in just 2 weeks now, so we had a lot of fun. He brought over his guitar, so our evening consisted of some much needed Mumford jam sessions and some good homemade Mexican food.

Gary is still so solid. By far, the most prepared person I have ever met on the mish. He came to church again, came to our musical fireside, stuck it to the man when his friends and mum bashed him for quitting drinking and smoking and coming to church, absorbing all the teachings and is glowing with a new light. I am so grateful for him, because not only has he completely changed his life, but he has also given me a new hope for finding people here on this seemingly godless island.

We have still been doing an incredible amount of service, and it's seriously opening so many doors for us here. We have been able to deeply bond with more members, and there was even a point in church when I was just sitting in the congregation, and I zoned out a bit...but all that came to my mind was "this feels like home". It just felt natural. I love these people.

Our musical fireside was a major success! Honestly, it turned out way better than I expected. It was much more of a groovy little indie show rather than a fluffy church performance. Still, the spirit was very strong there, and there were a handful of non-members who had their ears opened. The power of music is real.

Other than a huge amount of musical preparation and teaching and getting Gary connected with everyone, my week was filled walking, hay fever revenge, baby swans, running away from daddy swans, listening to peoples problems, blitzing streets with the sisters, playing guitar, playing volleyball, defending our faith against bashers on the street, meeting some grumpy old fellow Goodmans, infiltrating neighbourhood groups of friends, sitting on trains, sitting on buses, laughing with people and living life each little moment at a time.

That's about all for this week, but I want you all to know I love you. Haha we had a huge spiritual/logical debate with the Fullwoods about this, but I want to know your answers.....On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you? Let me know! Keep on having radventures, and I'll talk to you all next week. Peace out!

Elder BA

Low Tide

Zavala

 Funky New York Band

 Pier


No comments:

Post a Comment