Monday, June 9, 2014

Bacon is proof that God loves us.


Heyo! Greetings from across the sea. First off, thanks for all the pictures! They have given me a good flavour to savor of home. I was going to take a butt-load of photos to send today...but it's been dumping pretty heavily and I don't want to risk drowning my camera. So, you'll have to wait till next week. Hopefully the sun decides to show his face again. Anyways, I love you all, and you are all constantly in my thoughts.
So this week has seemed to go by in the blink of an eye, and it's been full of really small "words can't capture" moments, but here are some deets of my week=

District Meeting on Tuesday, and I trained on having a greater emphasis on the Book of Mormon. To sum it up, its our most powerful tool when combined with our own personal testimony for missionary work. So the meeting was incredibly insightful during our whole discussion, but the highlight of it all was definitely when the Zone Leaders prank went down. Elder Blackfumo's face was priceless as we broke the news to him that he ate a bull testicle burrito. Prank war...to be continued.

Amidst all the normal "missionary work" we did this week, we did some "adventure finding" down in Ainsdale. Basically...we just explored a sweet coastal, mini-hiking trail and had ourselves an adventure. We have been working really hard lately, and I am absolutely exhausted, but we have still found the balance of taking some time to relax and feed baby swans and explore the shore and soak in Southport.

Another thing that has been making me totally exhausted is the amount of service we are doing. I am not complaining whatsoever though, cause I love it. It seems like all the members are flocking to us now with all their "service needs". Tiring, but it's been really fun. It was pretty rad too, because the last lady we did service for had a shed for us to clean out and demolish....and in the process we found some sweet, vintage WW2 gear, including an old helmet and satchel. Let's just say...we looked uber classy walking all the back to our flat.

So Gary had his baptismal interview....and he nailed it. We had no doubt in him, but it's just refreshing to have it all official. We have been planning everything for the actual baptism, and I am honoured because he wants me to do the actual baptism! I am so stoked for him. We realized something cool too...Gary is being baptized on June 21....the longest and brightest day of the year. Haha we then had a really good lesson about "light and truth", so that day will never be forgotten.

Other than that, my life has been filled with traveling to Liverpool again, having meetings with the other district leaders, prepping the missionaries for the new mission president, having awesome times with my district, jam sessions, being hit on by a gay dude, talking to weird people, and waling everywhere under the sun.
Transfers are on the 18 of June, and I will be getting the transfer call this Saturday. I honestly have no idea what will happen. I want to stay the whole way through for Gary's baptism, but then again staying for another 6 weeks after that would be a bit much. So...whatever happens....happens. I will be happy with whatever.

Well my family, I love you all, and thank you all for being so cool. Enjoy the beach without me (still jealous), but I will carry on my radventure here. Peace out!

Elder BA

p.s. Bacon is proof that God loves us

No comments:

Post a Comment