Monday, October 13, 2014

The blessings of the gospel.

Hola mi familia. Greetings from Crosby! This could be my second to last time emailing from this place. Transfers are right around the corner and I'm pretty sure I'm headed out next week. I am stoked for whatever adventure lies ahead.

This week has been really really.....good. I don't know what it is exactly, but there has just been a flood of peace recently. Elder Plumb and I are really getting along, the connection with the members is brilliant, Lee is on his way to baptism, we found 4 new investigators to teach, we have been able to do a lot of service, and all worry seems to be out of my mind. Also last night, we were able to go to the missionary fireside in Manchester where all the recent converts get up and bear their testimony and share their story. The spirit was so incredibly strong and radiating from everyone....especially Gary. Gary, from good old Southport, humbly got up to the podium and gave a beautiful testimony, and gave Elder Frandsen and I a special shout-out. Not going to lie...my eyes may have gotten a little sweaty to see how our good friend has completely turned his life around, has totally embraced the gospel, received the priesthood, is now on the young mens presidency, and has become our eternal friend. Words can't really explain how I feel, but...life is good. 

I have been so blessed to personally help and see people embrace the gospel in every area that I have been, and now it is Lee's turn here in Crosby. Please send some prayers his way, because even though he knows the truth, he still has some internal demons to fight. I love him though, and I have no worries that we will be baptized and carry on, either on the 24th of October or on some other day. 

Other than that, life has been full of walking in the rain, restoring a whole box of vintage tools that Elder Plumb and I found during service, making mexican food, eating mexican food, proselyting to uni students at the Liverpool University campus, and reuniting with Elder Diederich, Robinson and Sis. Thomson in Manchester. I am in a happy place right now.

I love and miss you all.
Peace out
Elder BA

No comments:

Post a Comment