Monday, October 13, 2014

Excited for life.

Heyo dirty beach bums! I love you all. So this week has seriously been a blur. I think the haze of man-flu and conference this weekend has blended all the days together this week, and when I woke up from my deep coma this morning...I thought my companion was messing with me about it being p-day already. Hey...I ain't even mad. But anyways, here are this week's quick deets:
We have spent a lot of time with the Patton family this week. Mike, the non-member husband, had a hip replacement surgery, so we spent a lot of time visiting him in the hospital, preparing his house for his return, and just helping out momma Patton. Good friends, good times.
We finally got back in touch with our other good friends the Standleys! They need some major carpentry help in the future, so I am stoked for that.
We were able to bring our main man ponytail Lee to conference! Initially he was a little disappointed...because it was no happy-clappy, baptist style, halleluiah, praise Jesus celebration. It worked out well though, and he started to really feel the spirit and the truth of the words that were being spoken. Lee's new best friend is Dieter. Haha every time President Uchtdorf got up to speak, Lee (at just the right reverent volume for everyone to hear) said, with a fist-bump, "Dieter! yeah man, that's what's up!". We can always count on Lee to bring some energy to any meeting.
Other than that, the week has ended with me pondering all the inspired words that we have heard...and I m so excited for life. Especially for my own little future family some day. In due time, in due time....but I am pumped. 
I love you all, go have an ocean adventure and make a legit sand-trap at the beach for me!
Peace
Elder BA

No comments:

Post a Comment