Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas season.

Hey everyone, what's happenin. This week was a very interesting week, but Christmas is in the air and the times are good. Here are the deets:
 
The work is getting extremely dead, other than our two solid friends John Raven and Mr. Portuguese Seraphim. They are really our only investigators right now, and everyone else on the streets, and most of the members are all shutting down into holiday mode= don't talk to me. So...we have resorted to having adventures and hanging out with the
remaining YSA here. They are all awesome and super chill. Tonight for FHE, we are having a mega white elephant shindig, so that should be pretty cool. 
As a squad, we have also been making the best out of life by starting a tradition of having a fire every night. Behind our flat is a sketchy little alley way, and it's perfect for a concealed fire. I am glad that I have been saving all my missionary planners, because they are the best fire starters we got. Having a fire has helped bring out that adventure spirit again, and is pumping me up to have some majestic adventures in just a couple short months.
We also got to have another lecture presentation at Bro. Wellingtons house...this time the topic was Temple Symbolism. Dad....you would have loved it. It was incredible. Obviously I cannot share most of it, but my testimony about the eternal nature of temple ordinances (from Adam...to Christ in the middle ages....to the restoration and modern day ceremonies) has strengthened tremendously. With sources from common canon, obscure records and historical artifacts....the true temple ceremony and symbols and clothing has always been the same. The Church is true, enough said, amen.
Other than that, not too much is going on other than our mission temple trip on Wednesday, which I am stoked to go and apply the new focuses and insights I have learned. And I am beyond excited to finally go to the Gilbert temple soon. Not too long left!
I love you all, and I hope you are having a rad Christmas season. Stay fresh, make sure Brien keeps his mustache free of debris. 
Peace
Elder Goodman


p.s. oh yeah, we have a new flat pet....we named him Sanj. He is majestic

No comments:

Post a Comment