Monday, December 29, 2014

Post Christmas Hangover and New Investigators

Heyo everyone, long time no talk. It was so good to see everyone's bodacious face once again! Even though Tate's teeth are finally growing in and Tallin has metal on his mouth bones and Randi looks like a sunbleached mexican and Tanner has hair on his...face.....everyone pretty much looks the same and I feel I haven't missed too much, and I am stoked to get back into the family flow again. I miss you all.
This week ended off brilliantly. Here are the quick post-christmas deets:
We are making major progress with our two friends John Raven and Serafim. John even picked up Serafim for church on Sunday! It was a double dip as far as investigators go. They are such good friends with us now, and I hope that I can see them baptized before I go. They are so close.
Ok, for more of the food-venture= One night, our friends Saroosh and Mo spontaneously called us and told us to meet them. So we did...and they took us to the newly opened Greek/Mediterranean restaurant in town. It was...incredible. Mum, this is for you. Gourmet lemonade, tomato based chicken liver and greek salad and pita starters, followed by platters of lamb shoulder, greek potatoes, diced herb beef, swordfish skewers, and bowls of char-grilled vegetables, ending off with the always delicious sticky toffee pudding and lemon glaze sponge cake and fresh icecream. By far, one of the best meals I have ever had on my mission, and the price tag was almost as impressive as our friends' generosity.
On a more spiritual note, we had a little miracle happen. We got a referral from mormon.org, named Matthew, so we went over and delivered a Book of Mormon. That was about the extent of the visit, but the next day at church...he totally showed up on his own! He is 19, and is genuinely and independently looking for the truth. His long bus ride to the chapel was proof of that. He said that this was his favorite church he has ever been too, and even invited himself next Sunday! Heavenly Father is definitely looking over the people in this area, and I can see Matthew going far.
Other than that...life has just been good. Even though it's been freezing and covered in ice, we are continuing to work and to have adventures. I want to leave England with no regrets.
I love you all, stay classy, and I will see you at the airport soon. Till then,
peace
Elder BA

No comments:

Post a Comment