Monday, January 5, 2015

New Years in Preston.

Heyo family. I just realized...I am so tired of writing missionary emails. I love you all, but I can't wait till I can just say it to your face. Not too much longer now!
Ok, because of my lack of energy today, here are the quick deets:
At my district meeting, we were playing a game, and as I majestically lunged for the ball....it happened. My suit trousers ripped and bursted open...from zipper to belt. Everyone just stopped, had a moment of silence, then all 14 of us were crying laughing, some of us literally crying. I had to tie my jacket around my waist for the rest of the meeting, all the way on the bus and journey home. I had that English suit for nearly my whole mission. It was sad to say goodbye, but now...it shall be burned.
New years eve= massive volleyball tournament and food with most of the missionaries in the zone. Good times.
New years= the 6 of us in Preston chilled at our Bishop's house with his young family and watched movies and had a nerf war. Good times.
Spiritual experience= We knocked on a woman's door named Ellen Smith. She was in tears and immediately showed us her journal. That morning she wrote "Please God, send someone or something to help me". We showed up, taught her, gave her a blessing of physical and spiritual healing...and it was powerful. After the blessing that I pronounced on her, she just sat there, completely dazed, and eventually asked "is it normal to feel this really warm feeling?". It was one of the most reverent experiences I have ever had on my mission, and I was so thankful to be where God wanted me to be.
Other than that, it has been pretty standard missionary life. All our YSA friends are back from their holidays, and now we have actual members and friends who want to work with us. This Saturday we will get our transfer calls, and I will learn of my fate for my last transfer. Anything can happen, so I am excited to see what adventure awaits me.
I love you all, and I will see you shortly!
Peace out
Elder BA

No comments:

Post a Comment