Monday, January 19, 2015

Rossendale and Snow.

Heyo everyone! Greetings from the land of Rossendale Valley. I will just go straight to the deets!

Rossendale Valley=
Rural farm town, nestled in a beautiful valley.
Very poor and deprived, but well kept.
People speak a very "common" (equivalent of our "hick") accent. 
The ward is surprisingly very strong, and they love missionaries,
80-90 strong, with a lot of young families.
Covered in snow.


Companion=
Elder Moote
From the Pacific island of Kiribati (pronounced "keird-a-biss")
Very chill, very islander
recent convert of 1 year
gangster past, scars to prove it
loves teaching me knife fighting and nunchackus
loves Bob Marley
has a rough time speaking and understanding English, but we have learned to communicate through facial impressions and bird signals
never seen snow before, until now


Our week has been pretty chill, just exploring and getting to know the area and members and getting lost several times and relaxing to Marley at night. The ward warmly welcomed us, and it feels so good to be back in a ward that befriends missionaries again. We have 6 tea appointments this week! This sets the record for my entire mission. 
They have a well established Book of Mormon class and games night, and the YSA are awesome. Not too many, but good characters. Oh yeah, Bishop Masser is my favorite so far. Young, beautiful family of 5 young kids, friendly, athletic, amazing dad, and is already becoming one of the examples that I want to follow. 
This is a really good area, and with the added bonus of snowing for the past few days straight, it's an awesome adventure to end off on. My companion and the vibe of the ward is making it a perfect transition for me.

I am happy and well, and I am so stoked to see you all in about 5 weeks!
I love you all, and may your adventures continue
Peace!

Elder BA


p.s. my investigator Matt from Preston is getting baptized this week! happy flappy


LE suit Burning.



Chillin with Elder Moote


These were used for real.


Snowy view from the flat.


The chapel.


No comments:

Post a Comment