Monday, April 22, 2013

3rd week in Wales.


Ello Ello Ello!!!!!!!......Hi
 
As always, I love hearing from you all! I hope life is being grand to you. THank you for the photos! and yes, they did make me smile. I look at them nearly everyday, and tate's beautiful artwork is now the cover to my binder.
 
So this week, on a scale from 1 to bodacious, was easily a bodacious.2. We got to have another exhange this week! Except this time, I stayed in Wrexham and I was joined by Elder Nielson...a fellow fresh missionary! We were in the MTC together, so it was pleasant to see a familiar face. So since we are both baby missionaries (related to time, not missionary studliness), I could see that the other older elders worrying about if we would survive or end up burning Wrexham to the ground. However, no reason to fret, we did really well together! It was nice to get a bit of freedom from our trainers and be more in charge for ourselves. We worked really hard together, had a really powerful lesson with an investigator, talked to many people....and didnt totally destroy everything. Bonus! It was a good experience and we had a fun time.
I had some really good food this week. We went over to a members house, the Dickensons (who are leaving to France soon on their senior mission), and they cooked us up some really good pita-bread-taco kind of things. We basically just sliced open the toasted pita bread, stuffed it full of good mince meat, lettuce and a really good thai chilli sauce. Bueno Bueno. Also, we cooked up some tasty chinese noodle dishes, and some manly breakfast burritos. Unfortunatley, I ran out of Cholula and cried a single manly tear. And then yesterday, a member Mandy made us the best pie I have ever tasted in my life. It was a banana/caramel/creme/flaky pie, topped off with chocolate shavings. It was fantastic! (Nacho voice)
A few days ago, I received a very suprising call from the assistants to the president. Obviously, I was thinking about all of the possible things that they could be punishing me for but I was suprised when they told me that...President Preston is requesting me to get my UK drivers license! Its crazy because it is crazy early for that! My district leader companion is barely in the process of getting his, and he has almost been out a year. There is only a few areas with cars, but mostly they are reserved for the leader missionaries. I have no clue what president has in store for me, but i'm excited to find out! So just as a heads up, getting a license is pretty costly, and I have to use personal funds. However, at the end of the whole process, the mission will reimburse me...so dont fret if you see big changes on my account. Good times ahead!
This week we also got to go to a baptism up in Stafford, because it was one of Elder Coleman's previous investigators. The service was wonderful, and I got to see some other familiar missionaries...but the thing that made it memorable was our trip home. So as we got done with the baptism, about 7 o'clock, we realized that our train home was leaving in about 10 minutes. We dashed to the train station as fast as we could, saw our train leaving that minute, ran some more and barely caught it!! We thought it was all good for a while but then realized...we caught the wrong train. Ours left a minute earlier. We ended up getting to the midpoint station in Crewe way late. Once we got there to catch our part 2 train journey home, the overhead speakers came on and said that our train had been cancelled. AHHHH!!! It was nearly 9:30 at this point, and we were miles away from home, stranded at the Crewe station. Rules are, we have to report in at 9:00 so....we had to call the zone leaders and assistants and let them know about our situation. Luckily we didnt get scolded too bad, but we had to watch out for all the sketchy people at the station. We ended up catching a train home, much much later, and got to Wrexham at 10:45ish. The deal was, if we got back later than 11, we would have to call the president. Major, not ok. So, once we got off the train, we ran as fast as we could in the cold night, about a mile and half back to our flat. Made it back at 10:58!! This was way harder than any track meet I ever ran. Running through the dodgy Wrexham streets at night, in my suit, is now my lasting memory of this place. Good times:)
So next week, I wont be able to email till Wednesday because of the transfer meeting. There is a possibility I could be moving to a new area, but I really really doubt it, But I will be looking forward to reading all your messages then! I love you all very much, and I miss you all. Keep on keepin on.
 
Elder Goodman
BA
 
 
P.S. Can you send me some music on a hardrive or SD card or something? Any peaceful instrumental music, folky or just good church songs would be much appreciated. If I have to listen to any more EFY junk...I might go crazy. Thank you, much love:)
 

Finally, a gorgeous, sunny day!


Weird Poem at a park:


Duck house on the lake:


Me in the future:


No comments:

Post a Comment