Monday, April 15, 2013

Becoming a missionary.


Helloooooooo everybody! Hiya, ya alright? (basically how everyone greets eachother here)
First off, thank you mom for le easter package! That chocolate jackpot was just what I needed. And thank you so much tate for that incredible drawing you drew and sent me. Im not gonna lie, I teared up a bit and now its hanging proudly on my wall in my flat. I love you T-Tot. I love you all!
So this week has been excellent, and Im starting to truly love missionary work. Earlier this week i was able to go on an exchange with Elder Caleira in Chester, and it was freakin awesome. He is the funniest Elder I have met, and has a really funny portuguese accent. We worked our butts off in the big city, and we had so much fun in the process. Everytime we knocked on a door and the person gave a strong rejection or a 'I dont believe...', Elder Caleira would get super emotional and burst out 'NOOOoooo you just broke my heart!', and then we proceeded to either make the person laugh. I loved it. And guess what...chicken butt...we got some referrals and miracles in the process! We were alble to teach a less active family and commit them to going to church again, and we contacted and got an appointment with a university student from Ghana. His name was William, and he was very posh. Chester is beautiful by the way, and it has some castle remains in the middle of the city. I guess it was an old Roman town, and I loved the depth of the culture there.
Upon return to Wrexham, Elder Coleman and I bonded quite a bit, and now we are a lot better companionship. We found a new investigator, Billy. He is a father of 5, and has been a hardcore Heroine addict for 10 years or so. However, he has been clean for 3 years, and he is desperately seaching for a change and hope. Luckily for us, I know he has found that hope in the Gospel. We were able to have a very powerful lesson with him, and we answered a page full of questions that he had written down a couple days before. The spirit was so strong, and i even felt the spirit as I was finally able to recount the First Vision without any hiccup or scrambling any words. Something that I was never able to do before. It was quite emotional for both Billy and I. And I have strong faith that he will continue on this path, and it will be a blessing for him and his family! i'll keep ya updated.
Mother, I am being fed well. Every tea appointment, I try to pile as many vegetables on my plate as possible, so no need to fret. There has been so many roast or chicken dinners, with healthy helpings of mash, gravy, veggies, yorkshire puddings and the always lovely desserts. We had some delicious donuts, cakes and other pastries. Oh ya, I find it amazing that nearly everyone who feeds us knows that I dont eat diary, and they prepare the meals around that. I love them all, and I am really developing strong relationships with many of the members. Definitely people i would want to come back to and see. For ourself cooking...I bought some bodacious sausages, and we have been making a lot of fish tacos and chicken and fruit. And of course, a flood of Cholula on everything.
Things are going well, and I will keep you updated on future adventures! I love you all, and you are always in my head, and my mind....and my brain.
Elder Goodman
BA

 mega chunky, derpy pug


The ocean, as seen from a train in Rhyl:


got my hair did
 
some shnazzy underground artwork that caught my eye
 
castle in Hawarden

myself and Elder Caleira messing around the castle walls in Hawarden
 





No comments:

Post a Comment