Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chester, Elder Bahr and Miracles.


Hello my loved ones! Greetings from the land of Wales!
I miss you all, and I hope everyone is having a shnazzy time. First off, im still a bit jealous of the concerts and the rad tunage that your ears were able to soak up. I hope you enjoyed it extra for me.
Its good to see all the family together and happy. Keep it up.
So....this past week and a half has been flippin good. The past two weeks we have had beautiful summer weather, and it bizarrely hasnt rained once. Aside from the humity, its been nearly perfect. I got to do a lot of traveling and I also got to work with the other missionaries. I have been craving a change, and its finally happening! Transfer week has been hectic but amazing. On tuesday we had a brilliant Zone Meeti  and it was a mega spiritual and fun event. Im good friends with a lot of the missionaries in the zone now, and it feels so good to not be the newby missionary who doesnt know anyone. I have definitley made some life-long friends, but sadly a lot of them are way older than me and are leaving soon. The meeting seemed kinda like a highschool graduation, in which I was still a freshman but had senior friends heading out. Bittersweet, but it was super fun. Our district is mega tight, and we have funny conference calls every other night, which I just ask really weird/creative/funny questions and we all answer then laugh and make fun of eachother. It has really made us all united, and it makes the work so much more flowing and easy going.
On wednesday morning, Elder Coleman and I loaded up his luggage, packed onto the train up to Chester, and then met with all of the other missionaries being transferred in the Chester Zone. Waiting for the coach to come, we basically all just chilled and hung out for an hour together. Eventually the coach came, picked up Elder Coleman and the others, then took them to the transfer meeting. Then that was it. No more Elder Coleman, no more trainer. We became pretty good friends at the end of the transfer, but I was so ready to change and be the missionary who I want to be.
So after they all left, Elder Caleira and I were left to explore/work/party in Chester for the day. It was amazing! Chester is an old roman city, and the whole thing is surrounded by the medieval walls and sentry towers. It is so rich in culture and beauty here. We also toured the Chester Cathedral, which is massive and eye-opening. The art and the carved stone and all the work that was done to create this palace is unreal. We also walked around the whole Chester wall, and I felt like a "medieval warrior" (napolean voice). Then after we went and looked around some ancient roman museums and we were drawn to all the ancient artifacts and weapons and other junk and it was flippin sweet. On our way to the gladiator arena, we were caught in the middle of a 'roman soldier march' reenactment. Haha it was kinda funny. Hopefully i can show it all better with the pictures that I'll send! Rad stuff, and I love seeing everything that this world has to offer.
So towards the end of the day, we met up with the coach and met my new companion/district leader, Elder Bahr! Its been a short time, but im pretty happy with the change and Im excited to keep on working. He is from utah and has been out 16 months, but he is laid back and chill and diligent. This change has also given me the chance to lead my area even more, and im feeling really confident now, both in myself and my potential as a missionary. I have been genuinly happy lately as well, and it just feels really good to gain a bit more senority and more friendships within the mission.
Oh yeah, miracles have been happening here in Wrexham lately and its refreshing to have some progressing work! Finding all day, everyday is exhausting. We have been finding some new investigators, with 2 very recent ones which was amazing! Basically we were walking in a sketchy party of the area and a group of neighborhood skumbags were mocking us. We decided to go over and confront them and talk. I kinda was in alert-fight mode seeing all the alcohol and needles everywhere, but we felt like we should go over. Soon after, a man from the group broke out, telling them all to stop mocking us and wanted to hear what we had to say. After some discussion, he took us over and lead us to his brother down the rode....and we had a brilliant on-the-spot lesson with them and they just soaked in the gospel and we set up future appointments and it was amazing! The man's name is Peter, and we feel like he was so prepared and we are excited to start teaching him. Good times.
Well, I love you all, and i miss you all, and Im stoked to talk to you again on Monday! Thank you for all the support and love.
Peace out.
Elder Goodman
BA


Chester:


Gladiator Arena:

 Cathederal Garden:

An Elephant:


Cathedrals:


Cathedral Door:



Cathedral Tree:



Elder Ostler. I love him, sadly he is leaving next transfer:

 Elder Herbertson and Elder Mapfumo. Mis amigos:

My District:

Castle Walls:



 Chester:

On the Wall:






The roadway looks a bit different than AZ:


 my clay figure who points at people when I'm annoyed with them:
 

Horse Race Course:


The Majestic Elder Caleira:


 This guy needs a happy pill:


No comments:

Post a Comment