Monday, June 3, 2013

The whole town smelled like chocolate.


Mumford and Imagine Dragons?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On a scale of 1 to jealous...im easily a jealous.9. Lucky butts! It sound like you all are having a killer time, and keep it up! And take a lot of pictures of your adventures so that I can look at them later and pretend I was a part of it. K sweet!
So this week was pretty alright! As far as missionary work goes, its has been soooo mega slow. We have basically been finding the entire week, and its exhausting. However, it has allowed me to get pretty creative on my door knocking skills. Lately, my knocks have been to the rhythm of Seven Nation Army, Iron Man, The Cave and any other song that pops into my head.
We also decided to go and explore and find down in Chirk!!!! and I love that place for several reasons. 1. its in the middle of a beautiful valley, amidst the rolling hills and groves of northern wales. Everything is just glowing green. Its perfect, and it even has a little skatepark. 2. there is a Cadburys factory in the middle of the town...so the whole town smells like chocolate!! I heard rumors about it, but never believed it until now. It really felt like i was in some childrens book or something, because I could literally taste the chocolate in the air. Its amazing beyond words. 3. We met Adrian, a man who is one of the rare few who actually is proud of believing in Jesus Christ. His wife recently passed away, so we talked to him about the Book of Mormon and the plan of salvation and he glady took a copy. He told us he will read it this week, and wont be ashamed to do so, so I hope it works out!
We had a farewell lunch with our Chinese recent convert Ben. He took us to this chinese, all you can eat buffett, and it was flippin good. Major food baby. However, we forgot that we had a long, hill climbing bike ride afterwards. It was terrible, but I definitley worked off any possible weight that i could have gained during lunch. Riding up the hills and then bombing them on the way down brought me major flashbacks of downhill longboarding. It was mega fun, but it made me really miss my board.
So we were walking in town and we walked by a crew of skaters this little run-down alley area and they started to lightly taunt us about Jesus or whatever, but I decided to go over and talk to them. After a bit of talking, one of them let me ride their board. In my suit, and rolled around and busted out a couple ollies, and as far as missionaries go, I earned some major street cred with them. Haha it was fun, and even though there is a mental slim chance of converting them, they have definitley opened up to me, and hopefully missionaries in the future.
We also went by and met with the Polish family again. Yola and her children were excited to see us, and we tried to communicate the best we could with her. Her friends son, probably 10 years old or so, ended up serving as our translator. It was amazing to see this young child switch back and forth from English to Polish. Even though we simply talked about finding her a proper enlgish teacher here, I could still feel the spirit and we listened as intently as we could to her broken english and responded in ways that she could hopefully understand. I love this part of the work!
Well, on the 12 of June we have transfers! Really anything could happen, but we are pretty positive that Elder Coleman is leaving, and im getting the vibe that im staying. Im getting itchy for a change, but Im fine with either way! I would much rather be here than in some buttcrack city near Manchester. I'm enjoying it here the best I can, and I have bonded tightly with some of the other elders in this Chester Zone. Hopefully some life-long friends. Sadly since we have transfers coming up and everything gets hectic, i wont be able to email until next thursday. But cheer up sourpatch, I'll keep you all updated on my adventures when i can! I love you all, and miss you all. Especially the sunday jam sessions. Please keep those going for the next 21 months or so. Much love, thanks!! turrah, turrah
Elder Goodman
aka BA

**This mom is a little sad that there were no pictures this week. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment