Monday, June 17, 2013

"Finding Day" in the land of Chocolate. Nutella sandwiches outside the Castle gates.


Hello Hello Hello this is Eeeeeeelllllllllddddddddeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr Goodman! (Nacho voice)
I love you all! Thank you for the lovely photos and the letter and the Jones candy! You are pretty rad. Im a bit jealous that the mini-paper-bryant got some concert tunage and Heather action though. Im glad that you are taking up surfing wherever you can find the waves, even if its big surf, and it makes me happy that you are living life in a Benjamin Button way.
So since thursday, its been pretty bueno! My new companion and I are getting along really well, and his theater background makes it....a bit entertaining at times. Haha but Elder Bahr is a good missionary and a good friend. On friday we basically walked all day in the rain and not a lot happened, but we did gain some serious wife-points. On saturday we had a mission-wide 'Finding Day', so we traveled down to Chirk! The land of beauty and sweet chocolate aroma.
On the train ride down, an older lady and I began talking, and we clicked pretty well. She is somewhat religious, but she has a good heart and she focuses on serving others and teaching yoga and bringing some positive energy back into the world. Props to her. We had some good talks, and she got to know me a little more and my missionary purpose. Finally as we were approaching Chirk, our conversation about charity was getting deeper, so I showed her the Book of Mormon and had her read the power scripture Moroni 7:45-47. After she read it...there was dead silence. The train pulled up to my stop and I had to get off, but before I got up I told her "If you love it like I do, it's yours." She looked up and was a bit teary eyed, and thanked and blessed me, then we parted ways. I could see the spirit working within her, and it was powerful. I just wish I had a longer train ride!
We then explored and did some finding around Chirk. We had a few good conversations with people, but i guess the Jehovah's Witnesses came earlier the day before, and everyone thought we were them, so it was just bad news. However, we met a very friendly man and got talking to him about family history and got him interested in checking out our website and got his deets and everything. Later on we found out that he worked in the Cadbury's factory, and after our talk he ran inside and brought out some chocolate for us! Bam, there you go. Benefits of being a missionary.
During our hour of lunch, Elder Bahr and I felt adventurous, so we trekked up to Chirk Castle! It was beautiful! We sat outside the castle gates and garden and ate our lunch of fruit and peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches, overlooking the green valleys,cows, forests and small ponds of Wales. It was serene and peaceful, and I wish that i could have spent all day there.
On sunday, we had a good church service and I got to bless the sacrament with Alex. Not nearly as nerve racking as home because there was only 50 or so people out there listening. After church and our lunch with Mandy and Joe, we got dropped off and did some work in the village of Llay (pronounced Cly, with a welsh-spitty sound). It was beautiful weather, and we talked to a lot of people, but we mainly got rejections but compliments about looking 'smart' in our suits. Later on at night, we had a lesson with a less active family and Alex joined us. It was pretty interesting, but I feel that Alex is getting more excited to serve a mission of his own. I love him like a brother! a welsh brother who is plotting to take my place beach camping. He likes to rub it in.
Well that's whats going on in the life of Elder Goodman so far. It's been fun to finally have a change, and I am basically leading my area right now which is a good experience! Who knows what's in store for me in the future, but im ready to take it on. I love you all, and keep on being the bodacius family that you are. Peace out!
Elder Goodman
BA














No comments:

Post a Comment