Monday, September 23, 2013

Traveling, Tracting and Teaching.


Whats up home skillets?! Greetings from the land of cloud sauce, bus rides and good chocolate! I love you all and I love your words and I love all your support. Thank you mom for sending the warm fuzzies....they make me feel.....warm and fuzzy. And congrats Tanner on the mustache. Fact: All great men have mustaches. Well everything is going pretty well here in this quiet and sleepy old town of Stafford. The lack of sun makes me perpetually tired, and my body is craving the Arizona heat. I never thought I would miss it this much! This week wasn't terribly exciting, but here it goes:
On monday, we had an incredible lesson with my new, recent convert friend Tony. He is a spiritual giant bursting with spirit juice. He is getting over his hard times, and his positive energy and hippie mentality is rubbing off on everybody. Love the Earth and everything in it and all that jazz. But he is way good, and I love teaching him as he is preparing himself for the Mel. Priesthood and temple. After the lesson, we had our traditional jam session, and it was good to get my fingers back on the strings again. I miss my music soooo bad. And it doesnt really help when there are a few amazing street performers rocking out in the town centre here. One of them looked just like trevor hall and was playing a rad didjeridoo (or however the heck you spell it). The UK is truly the land of good music.
Tuesday, we had a big ol' mission conference/skills workshop, that basically lasted all day in Manchester. It was really good to see a lot of my MTC mates again, but the sad thing is, a lot of them are falling into the trap of becoming super missionary robots with .07% personality or emotion. Its so lame. We are here to improve and progress...but not change who we are. There are people out there waiting for us personally, that's why we were called to the places that we are! But overall, the meeting was really good, and we recieved a lot of good training. Oh ya, me and Elder Holyoak (Jackson's cousin) met up and we clicked instantly became solid friends. There are so many random connections here its crazy.
Wednesday, we traveled up to the rural, out of the way town of Uttoxeter. I think its beautiful and quiet. We had a tea appointment with the Campbells, and I love them to death. Bro Campbell is a pure nerd and gamer at heart, but he is hilarious and loves hearing and speaking in a bunch of accents. Sis Campbell is much more proper, and is incredible at cookng. She made some bodacious lasagna and probably one of the best chocolate cakes I have ever had in my life. After tea, and after Bro Campbell showed us his vintage Nintendo collection, we all headed to Branch Council and had a really good discussion session. The branch has an amazing missionary energy, and I loved being able to be a part of the branch leadership and input all our foot-soldier missionary advice and direction. As long as this energy and vibe keeps on going, I can see great things happnening here in Stafford.
Apart from the service we offer to the members and less-actives, finding has been a bit rough. But we finally have an investigator! Her name is Sharon, and we found out that she spoke to the missionaries about 3 years ago. She has a large family, and has over 20 rabbits, and is really into mediums and human-to-spirit communications, and she believes she has been reincarnated to fulfil a god given purpose....which makes teaching very very interesting......but we are trying our best to channel her into the direction of the true gospel and allowing her to feel the Spirit as much as we can. Time will tell, but I have hope for her and her family.
So, those are pretty much the highlights. We have been working with a lot of members, and working the streets here in Stafford, and tracking down lost sheep up in Stone. Its been good, and even though not a lot has changed with my companions work ethics, I have been able to tolerate him more and find some laughs. I think by the time my mission is over, I will be able to handle nearly any kind of person. This is a mission renowned for people who need to learn or who are not be easily offended by people. It has some rough, anti-faith people, but it allows us to stretch ourselves and still show compassion and love towards them. As long as we are emulating the Saviour, we cant go wrong.
Well I love you all and I miss you all. This week I will be going to the mission-wide District Leaders Council, putting on a district meeting for my district and special guests: President Preston and maybe even the assistants (no pressure), and then dedicating all of the flats in my district (other than Elder Hatch, there are 5 sisters in my district. its quite different). I will keep you updated on all that, and on all the miracles as well! Till next time, peace out. 
Elder Goodman
aka BA
p.s. Sleep talking/walking companions are flippin hilarious  


represent. Welsh pride

Me


I found english Kona!!!!!!!!







Lady Magnet Hatch
pimp my ride
the town of Stone





Elder Hatch, Tony and I
Me, Elder Hatch and two of the sisters in the district, Sisters Hansen and Barney
Stafford nature






No comments:

Post a Comment