Thursday, November 28, 2013

Barrow-in-Furness.


Hello everyone!!! First off, I love you all. Secondly, I am dead tired. I got transferred from my home in Stafford, to none other than Barrow-in-Furness! The beautiful  ghetto by the sea. Along with the transfer meeting in Manchester, it meant almost an entire day traveling. I am dead, but its good to be here. I dont know too much about this place, and I have heard very mixed reviews from the other missionaries who served here, but I am up for whatever the adventure. I got in last night at 7:30 or so, scrapped together some food, then went to teach a lovely but crazy recent convert named Elizabeth. She already has given me gifts...a book about Winston Churchill, a sketchy chinese sweater, and a bar of soap. God bless her. Haha good old Barrow.
 
My best mission friend Elder Caleira served here just before me, so all transfer meeting we talked and laughed for hours and he gave me all the deets. Basically...I will be in for an adventure. My new companion is Elder Diederich from Alaska! He has only been out 4 months or so, and is pretty chill, so it should be a good transfer. Our flat is gigantic compared to the tiny little box in Stafford. It has two levels, and it could really be a 4 man flat if it needed to be. I'll send some pics on monday if i can! But this morning, a bit unexpectedly, the plumbers came and started fixing our water heater and other junk, and will be working all day...so I wont really be able to unpack and settle for a while. Luckily the only other missionaries in my district are the two elders in Kendall (a beautiful area in the lake district), so call-ins are going to be mega easy. And I'll actually be able to go on exhanges this transfer other than the Zone Leaders! I'm stoked.
 
I'm already in love with the Cumbrian accents here. Its a varitation of a scottish and northern english accent, and I dig it. Haha maybe I'll pick up a little cumbrian accent for the christmas skype! Probably not, but who knows. We will see how my voice box handles it.
 
Other than that...I dont have too much to share at the moment. The good byes in Stafford were a bit emotional, I never knew that I would grow so close and attatched to people in such a short bit of time, but its time to move on and I'm ready to start this next chapter in my life. I am in love with this mission, and I am in love with these people, cultures and lands and the gospel. More adventures await, and i'll get back to on monday, but for now...Peace out!
 
Elder Goodman
BA
HotTuna
 
p.s. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment