Monday, November 18, 2013

Mark's Baptism, Zone conference, loving life.

Hello hello hello everyone! Holy cow, this was a good day of emails. Everyone sounds so happy and is so full of love, and its contagious. I even laughed out loud a couple times in this dead quiet library. Awkward, but worth it. I blame dad's mustache. And its so good that grandma and grandpa have finally moved down!!! I'm so stoked to get in on the family parties when I get back, and yes, I am even still excited having to deal with Jeff's death farts. Bring it on. Ha so anyways, I am doing really well. I will try to answer everyone's separate questions, so this email might be a speed round. But yes it is true.....I am HotTuna (nacho voice), and I love England!
So this week has been really really good. Why? Well for several reasons.

My district meeting with the Zone Leaders and my district sisters went really well! After the 3 legged race/nerf shoot out/drawing relay, we discussed the importance and power of companionship unity in finding and teaching. Everything that was said by everyone was really inspired! And we are already seeing big changes.

After the meeting, I had an exchange with my Swedish Zone Leader, Elder Wirtala! We had the car, so we got to explore and teach people all over Newcastle-under-Lyme. It is a beautiful, hilly city, and I love the Jordy accents. I met so many amazing people, and it was amazing how fast and how easily it was to fall in love with them all, even the crazy ones. Even the kid who tried to through a towel across the dinner table, covered in curry sauce, which ended up hitting my tie and utterly destroying it, and even Josef, the crazy alcoholic but tender-hearted Polish man who insisted that we eat some dodgy polish sausages. Don't worry, i'm not dead. But it was a really good exchange, and I learned so much from my new swedish friend, who almost convinced me to move to Sweden. I am going there someday, and that is a promise. Jag alsker dig! (Yag alsker day) (I love you!)

We found a new investigator named Barry! He knows martial arts. Party on.

We had a powerful lesson with Sister White, who is probably facing every single trial possible at the moment. She is such a strong member, but everything in her life is tearing her down at the minute...death in the family, poor work, family drama, and terrible health and stress. Luckily though...there is the priesthood, and by the power of the priesthood, people can be healed, and that's what happened to her the next day. Even though it was only temporary, the blessing of peace and healing has helped her in a way that she gained enough confidence and energy to face her challenges with a new "do your worst" attitude. I love her spirit.

Spontaneous adventure in Uttoxeter! We were trying to track down a less active member who just came up on the records, but after traveling all morning we realized...it was going to be impossible to find this little barn in the middle of the huge countryside without a car. So, we had to abandon our plans, but we found another less-active family from Hungary in the process! Good times.

We had another lesson with Jagtar! I love him to death, and we have long and deep discussions about faith and god and humanity and anything else that comes up. He is such a hippie, and I dig it. We also got to know his Russian wife, and she is super intense but bubbly at the same time, I have no clue how that works. She's russian, that's all I can say. But she taught us some Russian even though its super difficult, but here is what i got! (English pronunciation)
Preeviet- hello
Spaciba- thank you
Doe Svindania- good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (its fun to say it hardcore russian style)
I love learning other languages and phrases. I use some Polish nearly everyday! Its a new passion, and I feel it spices up life. I just cant decide what will be the first language I will learn for real when I get back. And mom, I don't think i really have an English accent, or at least a proper one. There are too many Americans around. But who know's, you will hear me soon! Christmas skype-time rules.

Ah yes, Mark's baptism!!! It was so good. Words don't do it justice, but it was just a really happy day. Mark was way nervous but happy, even though the water boiler didn't work and the water was absolutely freezing. Our investigator Paul showed up! and I know that he really felt the spirit. President Preston showed up so it was good to see his face and get a warm British bear hug from him again. Tony was totally stoked that he got to baptize Mark, even though he was just baptized a handful of months ago. Ah, it was just a good day.We are happy to have Mark here in the Stafford Branch. Miracles happen, and he is proof of that.

Well my loved ones, I hope you continue on having happy times with each other, and I can't wait to chill and party on with you all when I get back. I miss you, and I love you all. Next week is transfers, so I wont be able to email till next Thursday, but till then, Peace out home skillets!

Elder Goodman
aka BA
aka HotTuna


No comments:

Post a Comment