Monday, December 30, 2013

A Baptism in the works.

Hello again my family! It was sooooo good to see you all on Wednesday. I missed all your faces and voices. It made Christmas in this distant, beautiful and soggy land so much better. And thank you mom for the groceries today! Thank you thank you thank you. It was seriously one of the best presents that you could ever give us. I love you!

Well this email might be a bit short because we are on some members computers because all the libraries are shut down today. Lame sauce.
So even though this week was full of Christmas-ness and my brain turned to holiday mode, some really good things still happened.

First off, our investigator Connie (78 year old, funny old lady from Birmingham, full of attitude)...is dated for baptism!!!!! If she passes her baptismal interview tomorrow, which we believe she totally will, she will be baptized on the 18 of January. She has been being taught for about 2 years, but finally something clicked with her, and we could tell that she is finally tuning into the spirit. We are so happy for her, and it will be good to pump some new-member enthusiasm back into this dying ward. Only 23 people showed up to church yesterday...which was way sad...so hopefully Connie's baptism gets the ball rolling. We were also able to meet with Peter (Irishman), and he is also making more progress towards baptism. Good things are happening! and Barrow definitely needs it.
Other than that, not too much went on. This week was pretty chill, and our brains are pretty much still on holiday mode with New Years around the corner. I cant believe its almost 2014....that's flippin crazy. Anyway's, thank you all so much for all the lovin you gave to me. I am especially grateful for the short notes and CD that came in my post on Saturday morning. I was so stoked to hear that bodacious tuneage. Thank you thank you thank you!!! I love you all so much.

Well anyways, I got to go soon. Transfer calls are on Saturday, but I will keep you updated. Talk to you again on monday. Peace out!

Elder Goodman
BA
HotTuna

No comments:

Post a Comment