Monday, January 13, 2014

"We are still making a difference here, however small it may be."


Hello family:) I love you all. All is well in the land of Barrow-in-Furness. Things are going pretty well. We havent been swept away in the floods, we havent been attacked by chavs, our ward is still intact, and we managed to escape from Elizabeth's home without being too weirded out (recent convert....completely crazy and touchy but lovable...but crazy). I am getting much more settled here, even though the people here take so much longer to becomes friends with. It's all pretty chill now, and once again I have that good feeling of "being a part of the ward". It took some work. Working with the ward council and giving a talk for the past 3 sundays have really helped.
So anyways (nacho voice)....this week was pretty chill, but had some adventure and travel and interesting people all thrown in.
We had our final zone meeting of the transfer down in Preston, which made us set our alarms for 5 o' clock in the morning to get our butts out of bed. No bueno. But the travel energy soon got pumping in me, and after the series of trains, buses and walking, we finally got to the Preston chapel. Even though we didnt like our past robotic zone leaders, the meeting was pretty good. Haha I met a very good, new friend. Elder O'brien. He is a big ol' boy from New Zealand, and yes....he has the exact same accent and humor as Germaine!!! Haha I dont think I have ever laughed so hard in a Zone meeting before. For all of our small group teaching role-plays, I was with Elder O'brien, and it seriously felt like Flight of the Conchords sketch. Living in New Zealand for a bit is still playing in my mind. I love those people.
This week, we got 3 referrals! That never ever happens in Barrow. One of the referrals was from a 20 year old chick who referred herself on mormon.org, but after our first visit...being real....it was mostly just a flirt.  Her housemate was a hardcore death metal chick who worshipped Satan. So, that referral was pretty bogus, but the other 2 took us over to the land on Walney Island! The island was suprisingly beautiful, compared to the rest of Barrow. Not only that, the super strong smell of salt water filled my nostrils, and it immediately brought back memories of beach camping in Carlsbad. I miss that so much. You better save me a spot after I get back!!! K sweet. Anyways, the ocean makes me happy, which helped me have a good attitude as we walked and worked in the rain for 5 straight hours. Tired feet, happy heart.
Major happiness points= I found a super rad skate shop....and a huge music shop right next to eachother!!!!!!! I am going to go hit them up today.
Well my family, the work is doing well. Connie's baptism is still full go for Saturday, so we will be preparing for that. We are slowly gaining more people to teach, and even though the numbers are pretty low at the moment, I still feel happy that we are making a difference here, however small it may be. I have a testimony, that as we use our talents, personalities, passions, humor and attitudes towards building up 'the kingdom of God', Heavenly Father, the happiest of all, will share that joy with us. I love you all, and I hope you savor every moment and vibe and sense as you go in and see the Gilbert temple for the first time. I can't wait to see it for myself one day! And to eventually be married in those walls. I'm stoked that my brother Brien can come along with you too, that news made me so happy to hear! Until next time, may your adventures never cease, and may your days be filled with peace. Haha, that rhymed...peace out!!!!!
Elder Bryant Goodman
BA
HotTuna
p.s. birthday present request....hand written letters from everyone!
Bridge to Walney at low tide
best road name ever
zone leaders 






hooligan tag

road to Kendal

Juicy Lucy's







my biscuit stache
crazy Isla Kent

new Years Eve





No comments:

Post a Comment