Monday, January 27, 2014

Elder B.A.'s Birthday!!!


Hello all my loved ones! Greetings from the land of spontaneous hail storms, chav herds and a crazy lady giving us "non-alcoholic" sparkling grape juice. This week has been good in Barrow...but first off I want to thank you all for all the birthday lovin! The hand-written lovin makes it feel like it hasnt been too long since I have seen you all, and the birthday grocery delivery was pretty much the best thing ever! I never thought food would make me so happy. Online shopping at TESCO is one of the greatest inventions of all man-kind. No doubt. Anyways, my birthday has been going pretty good so far! It's a bit weird but adventurous to be spending it in a foreign land, but I swear when I woke up this morning...my beard got the memo and grew in thicker. That, along with the zone singing to me over a conference call and fresh delivery of food, life is good. Since there is not much to do here in Barrow, my plan to spend my birthday is to chill, head over to Cartmel for their world famous sticky toffee pudding, then coming back to the flat, listening to music and ordering kebabs and more chillaxing. Good day in the life of a missionary.
 
This week was pretty chill, but here's the deets:
 
Elder Hamblin, my fellow AZ brother, came to Barrow for an exchange. We went to Pizza Hut as a district and had the all-you-could-eat lunch buffett before my district meeting, and....Elder Hamblin set the Barrow record. 28 slices of pizza. That.boy.can.eat. Luckily, the exchange went really well, he didnt throw up at all, and we ended up finding a new, dread-locked lady investigator from Africa! She is so solid and loves her Bible. Hopefully it all works out.
Exchange quotes, "Justwingit" and "come what may and love it".
 
More tracting in the pouring rain. Soaked to the bone. Zero doors interested. A couple slams. A couple laughs. Overall, good time.
 
We had a really good lesson with Robert and Rita. I really wish I could speak German fluently, it would make these lessons so much easier. Luckily, the spirit fills in the gaps. We also had the opportunity to give Robert a much needed priesthood blessing. Good news, he is still alive and healthy! The priesthood power is real.
 
I bought some new kicks finally. Classy mocassin style slip-ons.
 
Elizabeth is crazy. I love her, but this time she offered us alcoholic sparkling grape juice. She kept saying "do you trust me?", "come on, trust me", "its not alcoholic, trust me". So I trusted her and took a sip....yeah it was alcoholic.
 
Other than that, the week has been full of teaching and finding, just plain old missionary work. I really hope that I can get out of Barrow soon, but for now, I will keep on working here in this gloomy down and try to bring in some sunshine. I love you all, and once again, thank you all for all the birthday lovin. You are rad.
Till next week, peace out!
 
Elder Goodman
BA
HotTuna
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment