Monday, February 17, 2014

Another tenure in Barrow.


 11 months of walking......

Hello everyone! Je t'aime.
Well as you already know, I'm stickin it out in Barrow for another 6 weeks. After the transfer call, I was a bit despondent, but that feeling was quickly replaced with an "alright, lets do this". Lately, I have been praying really hard that I could have more love for the people here. It's taken a bit of time, but the days leading up to the transfer call, I have literally felt more love for the people here...which only added to my thoughts of "yeah, I'm staying another transfer". Haha I was right. Luckily though, I'm happy to keep on living with the good people here. I am getting to understand and love a lot more people here, especially the Kents. The Kents are by far my favorite family in the entire mission, and I just feel at home when we chill there on a Sunday night. They are crazy, and I love them.

I also got some support from President Preston, who personally called me after the transfer calls. Basically, he told me that he needs me in Barrow. This area needs a lot of hard work and a lot of love. I also have the responsibility of helping the senior missionary couple when they get here at the end of February. They need help in getting to know the area and getting to know all the relationships within the ward. With this new insight, and especially in an area where I know I am needed, I am just happy to serve. We will see what new adventures are waiting for me next transfer. My adventure spirit is getting itchy.

Well thats the juicy news, but other than that my week has actually been pretty good. Here's the deets:

We had a good meeting down in Preston, and basically spent all day traveling. Trains are where you find the most interesting people. I think I met a pirate.

IT SNOWED IN BARROW! This week has been freezing, and while we were teaching Connie, it started beating down hail, then barfed down a layer of snow. It was pretty cool.
Oh yeah, Connie is in the hospital. Pray for her.

Since we have only a couple investigators in our teaching pool, we have been having to do some hardcore finding. Finding in the pouring rain all day makes it even more hardcore. People look at us wierd as are dripping wet and standing in their doorways, telling them we have a message about Jesus. No typical success whatsoever, unless you count success as making people laugh. My mentality= Even if people want nothing to do with religion...If I clearly preach the gospel, bear my testimony and leave them with a smile, I feel successful.

We have the best landlord in the entire mission. His name is Ray, and he is crazy and crazy funny. He is the most energetic 67 year old man I have ever met, and always blurts out "Crikey!" or "blimey!". And he also thinks Arizona is a place where everyone has two revolvers strapped to their hips and shoot everyone. Dang right.

I got to explore the coasts near Askam in Furness. Mountains+ocean= my moonrise kingdom.

Well everyone, I love you all. If there is one thing I have learned on my mission, its how to love people. People are what get us through the rough times, and people are what make the happy times even happier. Keep on having adventuers and staying tight with one another, and you cant go wrong.
Till next time, peace out!

Elder Goodman
BA
HotTuna


 Furness Abbey




askam-in-furness






No comments:

Post a Comment