Monday, February 10, 2014

Jedi Warrior B.A.


Guten Tag!! Wie geht's?? (I had a very german week). First off, I love you all. "The sun is shining, the weather is sweet, makes me want to move, my dancing feet". Good old Bob Marley. But anyways, that's pretty much how I feel right now. The sun is brilliant outside, I just read all your lovely words, and I'm happy. Thank you mum for the valentines day delivery. Nutella and bacon. You know me too well. My man-soul is happy.
Randi....BYU Hawaii....seriously??? What the flip. I am so jealous and so stoked for you! You bet your bottom dollar that I am coming to visit you. Take notes from the surfing classes, I am going to be mega rusty and pasty.
 
Well I am still exiled here in Barrow. "Missionary" work has been really slow. Sometimes I just want to karate chop people in the head. Nothing drives me more crazy than close-minded people. We pretty much dropped all of our "investigators" simply because no one was progressing whatsoever....so we are pretty much rebooting the area. Starting from scratch will be hard, but its what this area needs. A lot, a lot of finding. We are getting a senior missionary couple here towards the end of february, so hopefully they will be able to help us and the ward out a bit. We just need somethingnew here, because I am seriously getting burnt out.
 
However, we are still having a good time.
 
First off, Elder Diederich bought companionship knives. Watch out
 
After district meeting last week in Kendal, we got some of the members in Kendal and we played mud football for 2 straight hours. It was so much fun, and by the end of it, everyone was head-to-toe covered in mud and beat up. I dont think I have ever been this sore in my entire mission. So that was super rad, and we went straight into an exchange. My good german friend Elder Werner and I cleaned up and made our journey back to Barrow (2 hour bus ride. Since most of my clothes were muddy, I had to borrow some of his. I basically looked like an elegant chav. Sweatpants and dress shoes. Classy).
 
Together, we taught our german investigator Rita. She is going back to Germany on wednesday, so we taught her as much as possible over our exchange. She had so many crazy questions still, but we could totally see some good progress. We just hope that she hooks up with the missionaries over there. As of now, she still wants to get baptized when she come back to England later this year. Our hopes are high.
 
We did some much needed service for Connie. She had on old house with a ton of junk inside, so we ordered a skip and basically got rid of everything so that she could sell the house. It was fun destroying cabinets and mirrors and such. And, we also found some treasures that she said we could keep, aka lightsabers. Pics included.
 
On Saturday, I got to go down to Lancaster for a District Leader's Council meeting. Basically what I learned from it...most of the leaders in the mission right now are going home in the summer...the same time the new mission president is coming. Which means, a lot of these leaders are going to be released so that younger missionaries will have an earlier start and be more experienced leaders for the new mission president. So...I will either be released, or become Zone Leader...which I want no part of whatsoever. I like being the district leader/foot-soldier. I have avoided mission drama most of my mission so far...and being Zone Leader would put me in the dead heat of it all, especially in this mission. Please pray for me...that I can stay below the radar. Thank you
 
In a ward with only 25-35 regular people, including children, you earn the priviledge of speaking nearly every other Sunday. It's weird, because I actually enjoy it. It helps my focus of "It is true intelligence for a man to take a subject that is grand and mysterious in itself, and unfold and simplify it so that a child can understand it". Especially with a ward that has the intelliengce level of a squirrel, it is really good practice.
 
Well everyone, I love you. Keep on having adventures, everyday if you can. This life is not meant to be boring.
Till next time, peace out.
 
Elder Bryant Goodman
BA
HotTuna
 
p.s. wisdom from President Preston from our recent health training
 
Chocolate comes from cocoa
Which comes out of tree
That makes it a plant
Therefore, chocolate counts as salad
 
Jedi Warriors:



Companionship knives: A blanket from Heather, Tie and Beanie from Mom


 

No comments:

Post a Comment