Monday, July 14, 2014

New President and adventure.


Hey everyone! I'm going to keep this one short and sweet, cause I want time to write to everyone individually before I head off to our man day in Crosby with the other elders. So here are this week's deets!:

Last p-day, we started a tradition, MAN-DAY-P-DAY! We gathered with some other elders in Crosby, ate manly food, and played chair football for over 3 hours (best game ever, I'll introduce it when I get back)!!!!

Exchange with the new trainee in my district, Elder Lee! He is a super rad, crazy, surf/skate outdoors kid...so needless to say...we had an instant connection. The whole exchange was filled with spontaneous connections made with random people, and service and also...skating with a group of kids by the pier!!! It was so fun, and now I have a testimony that skating can connect people from all over the world, and yes...it can even lead to sharing the gospel.

I finally got to meet Pres. Ulrich at the multi-zone conference! I was a bit sceptical at first, but now I really like him. He is basically a wannabee Bruce R. McConkie, but I love his desire to make us all gospel scholars. He is a good man with a deep knowledge of the gospel, and I believe with his energy, and us getting I-pads in September, this mission is going to explode.

So, this Saturday was absolutely hectic! As you know, I was suppose to go to the temple with Alex. We got a train to Bolton, only to find that our connecting train to Chorley was cancelled. Flip. So we ended up having to get a coach. Funny thing though, it was the most random but funniest coach ride ever! The only people on the huge coach were Elder Frandsen and I, another random kid, the driver, an actress and....yeah...Jack Sparrow. Picture included. He was a professional impersonator, on his way to work a carnival but was totally lost, but remained in character the entire time! Haha so for over an hour, we were talking with this actress and Jack Sparrow, and the driver was just laughing at our conversations the entire time, with people taking pictures of our odd little group. We wrote a mini screen play for "An Actress, Jack Sparrow, Two Mormons, Stuck On A Bus". Look for it in theatres.
So after that adventure, we ended up getting to the temple literally 5 minutes too late for Alex's session. I was destroyed!! Luckily though, we just did a later session, were filled with the spirit juice, and we were then on our way. Super bummer that I missed Alex, but we were able to meet and teach some really good people on the way there and back, so that attempted to make up for it.

Well everyone, I love you all! Stay sweet, don't forget to floss, and peace out!

Elder BA.

p.s. picture proof


No comments:

Post a Comment