Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A new transfer to Crosby.


Hey all you home-skillets! Greetings from Southport...and yes...it will be the last time emailing from this sea-side town! Here's what's happening=

I am moving down the coast...to Crosby! I was initially a bit bummed because that area literally borders mine, but my good friend Elder Tuioti is serving there and has filled me in on a lot of the deets. My new area has some beautiful beaches and nice parts like Formby, but it also has some sketchy areas like Bootle (notorious for throwing things at missionaries). I am pumped though, I have felt like my guard has been down the entire time here in peaceful Southport...so I'm stoked to be and work in some dodgy parts again. Look forward for some stories.

This next transfer will definitely be interesting. First off, I will be a new daddy! I have already follow-up trained Elder Bradley, but I'm stoked to train a brand new missionary of my own. That will be the fun part, but the challenging part....Crosby ward is dying pretty heavily with only 30-40 active members (well...still better than Barrow)....and the rest of my district includes one intense Canadian sister, 2 crazy Tongan sisters, and one super sensitive Lithuanian sister who can still barely speak English. Basically, I have a ticking-lady-time-drama-bomb on my hands. So with all that mixed together....I am up for another adventure.

This week has been pretty sweet. I have spent a lot of time bonding and doing service for the members here, and I will miss so many of them. I also finally got to see Gary again! It was incredible timing, but basically I got to leave him with my testimony and a solid bro hug, and hopefully his door will be opened to future missionaries. Southport has been an incredible experience, full of ups and downs, but amazing friendships.

Well that's about all for now, but I'll fill you in on the new deets from my new home and new companion next week. Till then, I love you all, and peace out!

Elder BA


the Harbon crew

The Grays, aka my southport grandparents. The coolest cats I know

Huge liverpool concert


Roar

Gary the man.

best-southport-friend-Joe

Southport crew




No comments:

Post a Comment