Monday, August 4, 2014

Crosby adventures and Elder Plumb.


Hey everyone! Greetings from the land of Scousers, metal men, crazy Irish old women and rednecks. There is so much going on lately, but I am happy and well. Hopefully I can squeeze in the main deets of what's going on:
 
So rewinding to last week, on tuesday night I got to go to train the trainers again, and it was awesome. Pres. Ulrich is so deep, and so many of my other good friends were there and training as well. The incoming group had 24 missionaries coming in, so the mission home was packed of trainers. The meeting was very inspirational, but the best part was staying over in the manchester flat at night with 14 other elders. Haha it was a party. Elder Van Waganer and I found a guitar...and luckily he knew how to play every single one of the Flight of the Conchords songs. Business Time.
 
The next morning, we were all exhausted, but stoked to get our new trainees. My new mission child is....Elder Plumb! He is an 18 year old redneck from Casa Grande Arizona, and even though he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed....haha he has a good heart. We have had to get over some pride issues already, but he is quickly learning the ways of the mission. He already loves to talk (very very loudly), and we have been able to meet some amazing people here in Crosby and Waterloo.
 
It's been an adventure so far. Since we white-washed in, and the other Elders left us with absolutely nothing...we have been hitting the streets hard. On Friday, we literally tracted for 8 hours, and talked to everyone in between on the streets. I still hate the idea of tracting with a passion, but Heavenly Father blessed us with finding 3 new investigators already! We are slowly reviving Crosby, haha and I have never been more tired, or more soaked. It has been dumping down rain hard lately...like waterfall status.
 
The Crosby Ward is very small with only 40 active members, but I have already found my Crosby family! Sister Patton and her daughter Amanda (both Brazillian! The husband is english and a nonmember, and hates missionaries) took us in, and they treated us so well, and serioulsy fed us like kings. I love them so much already, and we have been able to help out eachother so much. They also showed us to their friends, and now we are trying to start up a traditional football match with some of the other teens in the area. I have been incredibly suprised with how nice the people here have been so far. The people who live on the outskirts of Liverpool are just so funny and scouse and open to talk and help us out. I'm stoked to play football again and bump up our teaching pool.
 
Other than that, I have just been working hard to help out Elder Plumb and to help out this ward. He is a workhorse, and I am so grateful for that. I have no idea what we are going to do for fun for pday, but I hope you all have some rad times at home and enjoy the sun! I love and miss you all. Till next time, peace out home skillets.
 
Elder BA
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment