Monday, August 11, 2014

Reviving Crosby.


Hello there chaps! It's good to hear from all of you. I love and miss you.
Life is going pretty well over here on the Liverpool coast. Elder Plumb and I are over most of the new-missionary-bumps-in-the-road, and the work is exploding here. It's incredible.
 
So here are the deets:
 
Earlier on in the week, we had a long talk with Bishop (one of the best bishops I have served with on my entire mission) and he simply and boldy told us..."Crosby has never had real growth. And if real growth doesn't happen soon, Crosby will be shut down in 5-10 years". The members here are such good people and I love them, but I fear they lost some hope for Crosby as well. So...we have been working extremely hard and relying on the Lord even more.
When we first arrived, we had one shaky investigator. Over the course of the last week and a half...Elder Plumb and I now have 9 investigators, with two that are close to baptism. There have just been so many little connections and "coincidences" and good people opening the door to us, and I am stoked to keep on working here.
To revive Crosby even more, the Stake President has told us to do a "Crosby Blitz"...with all 30 missionaries in the zone coming here on Friday, and literally finding most of the working day. Not gonna lie, after planning it with some of the other leaders...it's going to be crazy. I have never heard of this happening before, but Operation: Crosby Revival is in full effect!
 
So along with that good news, I also got some really good news from Elder Frandsen. Remember Gary from Southport? Well he has once again committed to baptism, and is totally back on track and has ditched his skanky girlfriend. If everything goes well, I will be going to his baptism on the 30th of August! I seriously almost cried when I heard the news. Please, keep him in your prayers, Gary needs it.
 
Other than that, this week has been full of missionary work and just getting to know Elder Plumb even more. Haha he is a flipping crazy redneck kid, but he is good. Once you peel back some layers, his good heart really shows. Kinda like Skrek. I still have some really good friends in this zone too, like Elder Clark and Lee. Today we are going up to Liverpool and playing chair football with some of the other Elders again. I.am.so.pumped!!!!! I will definitely bring this game back to the states.
 
Well everyone, take care, and for those of you who have to go to highschool and junior high.....mwahahahahahahah! Randi, I am still jealous of you though. I'll see you there soon.
I love you all, and peace out!
 
Elder BA
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment