Monday, September 8, 2014

New Investigator, Lee.


Malo e leiei! (Sister Fonoifua is teaching me a bit of Tongan). Life is good here in England, even after the change of transfers and after saying goodbye to some of my dear missionary friends going home. I hate goodbyes with a passion. Anyways, Elder Plumb and I are staying another transfer together in Crosby (no surprise there), but we are sadly saying goodbye to Sister Fonoifua. She was the only change really to our district, with it now being Me and Elder Plumb, and Sisters Toly, Dugan-Jones, Fetuli and Dargyte. Two Americans, one Canadian, one English, one Tongan, and one Lithuanian. It's a multicultural party.

This week has been pretty amazing though. Not even a week after Gary got baptized...Elder Plumb and I found Lee. Lee...is definitely one of the most prepared and knowledgeable and ready people I have ever met on my mission. We have literally been seeing and teaching him everyday this week, and his progression is smooth and strong. It's kinda funny, the biggest disappointment we had from him...is when he found out he was too old to serve a mission of his own. He is 31, and he was destroyed when he found out he couldn't be a "missionary" like us. I was just like "flip....if that's your biggest problem with the church, then we have nothing to worry about." Lee is amazing though, and is strongly committed to be baptized on the 27th of September!! Do you want to know something awesome though? He wants to be baptized in the ocean!!!!!! I am so stoked! Pray for Lee, that this all won't be too good to be true.

Other than that, this week has been filled with the usual missionary work, but also some hidden adventures, like when Elder Plumb and I went on a spontaneous trip to the dunes and beach in Formby to scout out locations for Lee's baptism. Redneck Plumb hated the sand, I was in barefoot heaven. 
We were also able to go to the missionary fireside yesterday in Manchester with Lee, and the stake center was packed with everyone that I love. It was way good to see Diederich and Hatch and Bradley and Robinson and Klingonsmith and so many others once again.

Well, that's about it for now. I love you all, and even though I am still very very Hawaii trunky, I am happy to be here right now. I love you all, and peace out!
Elder BA

No comments:

Post a Comment