Monday, September 15, 2014

"You must be shapeless, formless, like water."

Heyo you water pirates! All of your liquid adventures are making me crave it even more. This week though, I needed some serious freedom and a recharge to my exhausted battery, so I walked along the coast from Cosby beach all the way to the top of Blundellsands. I made sure to walk well ahead of my companion, just so that I could feel alone and free for a moment. The ocean has become one of my greatest therapies and favorite places of peace. No wonder the Savior spent so much time and delivered some of his most powerful sermons by the sea.
Anyways, I am going to keep this short and simple so I can have time to respond to your individual letters. Here's the deets!:
Lee is progressing like a mad hatter. He is so good, and is already giving away Book of Mormon's on his own like a boss. We have been seeing him everyday, and he has been joining us for member tea appointments, family home evening, church, sitting in on blessings, and is even coming to my district meeting tomorrow. Lee's official baptismal interview is on thursday, so pray and wish him luck! Good times here is Crosby.
We had an incredible Brazillian dinner/hang out at the Patton's. They are pretty much the best Brazillian family I never had.
I got to see Joe (aka dragon (I am nighthawk)) and some of my other good friends from Southport on Saturday. They stopped in Crosby for the WW1 100 year anniversary bike ride. All these connections are awesome.
Other than that, life has been full of experimental cooking, playing my new guitar that Sister Nemec gave to me before she went back home to Austria, knocking on Jehovah Witness's doors, reading JW literature and bashing it to pieces, saying hello to our friendly neighborhood Scousers on the street and day dreaming about my future. Not going to lie, the reality of my mission coming to the end is kicking in, and it's pretty hard to focus a lot. I am living on Sheldon Kent's advice to me though " Towards the end...forget about the numbers. Don't even think about them. Get to know the ward members and people in your area. Explore it. Study the topics you want to study. And just enjoy being on a mission. You will miss it."
Wise words.
I love you all, 
and peace out

Elder BA
p.s. random Bruce Lee quote

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment