Monday, September 22, 2014

Powerful sermons and Skatepark contacting.

Hello chaps! Life is good in the outskirts of Liverpool. Today I am going to go explore more of the sites and docks and shops and the Beatles home turf, so today will be short and sweet. Here's the deets on why life is good:
Last week, we had an all elders training in Manchester. The entire day was comprised of listening to a powerful sermon on the Atonement from President Ulrich, hanging out with my crew, playing a massive football tournament, and participating in a "deep doctrine question and answer session" with President Ulrich. He is a master teacher, and he inspires me. Getting to relax and play sports and enhance our deep knowledge on the gospel made it an awesome day.
So Lee had his baptismal interview with President Ulrich, and sadly we had to push his date back to the end of October. I know that it's a right decision though. This way, Lee will have more time to totally get rid of his smoking habit, and also time to allow his testimony to really settle and strengthen. We still have high hopes, and Lee is continuing to progress. All in the Lord's time.
I was feeling a bit burned out towards the end of the week, so we spontaneously walked to the Bootle Skatepark, and I did some classic "skatepark contacting". This was probably one of the best ones though! They immediately welcomed me in, and I got to skate around with them for a bit. They were good, down to earth punks. I think I got a little carried away though, and I totally ate it hard when I tried to ollie off of a tall ledge. Scabby palms and a black shirt instantly brought back good memories though.
Other than that, life has been good. We have been getting to know the families here more deeply, and I am amazed at how good these people really are. I love them all. I know exactly how Gordan B. Hinckley felt when he shared his love for the people of England.
I love you all as well! Thanks for all your motivation and love and awesomeness. 
5 months to go!
Peace!
Elder BA

No comments:

Post a Comment